Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior." Habakkuk 3:17-18

I am reminded this Thanksgiving when our country is in economic uncertainty, friends are losing jobs, homes are being forclosed upon, loved ones are truly struggling whether due to the economic or personal loss, that God is bigger than all of this, that I can be thankful most of all for his unfailing love and times like these to help me see the bigger picture. This Thanksgiving I am humbled by the gift of Christ, one I take for granted every day.

I am thankful for Christian friends and leaders who help to guide me to see such truths daily that my life can be lived in a way that honors Christ.

May your Thanksgiving be blessed.

No comments: