
So, it's official, Lightening McQueen has made his was to the manger to be a witness to Jesus's birth---according to my 23 month old Cars fanatic!! Notice that "Diesel" from Thomas the Train is also front and center. Landon and I set this up, talking about all of the animals, Mommy Mary, Daddy Joseph and Baby Jesus, the wise men, shepherds, angel and star and I turned around to get something and next thing I heard was, "MACK!!!!" (his name for McQueen). Yep- he had placed "MACK" front and center, along with Diesel just prior to wrecking the whole scene and saying, "Uh-Oh!" the whole time. I am still trying to explain to him that you only say "Uh-Oh" when you have an accident, NOT when you do things on purpose!

Next order of business of the day, after our Nativity creation and trip to the Museum of Life and Science to ride the "Choo-Choo," play with the ball display and look at the ant farm, was to make cookies. Landon had a blast rolling the gingerbread dough, putting lots of flour on it, pushing the cookie cutters into the dough and then...smashing them! I did manage to salvage a few.
We had a special day today, just the two of us. He is my little buddy. What a joy!
1 comment:
What a special day to cherish and remember forever. Your little boy is growing up so fast.
Take care and Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment