Now- I said that Landon was not a good eater- one would not think he had any aversion at all to any food or beverage after viewing this picture! Please notice the smirk on his face as he got quite a rise out of everyone there!We had a blast on our annual trip to Ocean Isle Beach with such a fun group of special friends from our church. Landon had a great time playing with everyone and meeting the newest addition, Thomas, who was the most quiet 2 1/2 week old I have ever been around- now that says a lot!! :) Seriously, I can't believe I didn't hear him up at night. Stan and I, on the other hand, slept on the lovely hard floor outside our room the last night there b/c Landon thought it was cool that his parents were in the room he was sleeping in and NOT cool that we would not play from 2-4 am! Thank goodness for Melissa who watched Landon for us the next morning so we could sleep the growl off. Next year, Landon will hopefully graduate to his own room.
We took Landon to the Museum and he got to see the fish being fed which I thought was cooler than he did. The starfish were the best- they were upside down and just opened all of their tentacles and pulled in the food. The volunteer there was really cute and loved talking about how slimy those little critters were (I don't think that job is one for me after I retire). Landon really was most impressed by the deer in the wildlife display that he neighed at like a horse!! He also enjoyed looking at the bugs under the microscope. So cute.
Once again, Landon loved the ocean. He just splashed and splashed. He did not, however, enjoy food of any nutritious value this trip. There were too many chips and cookies around and too many friends who feel for that cute little innocent face. I am sure they all thought I was nuts with my food issues with Landon- since I brought all his "favorites" that he would not touch- you know green beans, grapes, yogurt, cheese sticks. I mean, who would dare choose barbecue potato chips over those treats? Heehee.
Landon also learned to play "corn hole". He has a long way to go before he is as good as his mom. Is that a joke or what- our friends decided that corn hole is "not one of my spiritual gifts". Yeah, I was pretty lousy. But, I do think I would have done better if the bean bags had been Carolina blue and white instead of those gold and black demon deacon colors. Gotta love good 'ole ACC rivalry.
Thanks Lauren, Shawn, Thomas, Jennifer, Brian, Cletus, Kim, Melissa, and Chris for a great Memorial Day as usual! The countdown begins for next year!
1 comment:
If you're getting excited over feeding the fish maybe a career as camp counselor will be your destiny in retirement. Surely you could get excited about rocks and bugs again!
Post a Comment