We made it! Our first real trip to the beach with Landon. We went last year when he was 5 months old and that was really kinda a blur. He really loved to ocean and was splashing around, grinning from ear to ear. He loved the sand and building sandcastles with his Dad. Stan even built him a car out of sand and he got to sit in it- he was really proud (Stan and Landon!!). We let Landon have his first taste of chocolate ice cream- he could take it or leave it. On the other hand, he also had his first taste of hushpuppies- he immediately signed, "More"!! We all laughed so hard!
Landon did not get the memo about sleeping in on vacation, though. He was a rooster- I think the earliest was about 6:00am. I took him for a jog in the jogging stroller- he was fine the first mile and screamed the entire second mile. Wow. I think I should have gotten double the calories on that run! :) He also got 6 teeth while we were there. Wow. He is growing so fast, he was a delight for his grandparents and his aunt and uncle. He was thrilled to look for his grandaddy and in fact- that was the only way I could get him out of the ocean. He also loved his time with Nana- we caught the two of them eating cheese puffs when we returned from breakfast and he was just giggling like crazy- it was like he actually knew that that was a real treat!! He also started recognizing his aunt Anna- as "moo" (her nickname). He would go into
One more funny- Stan's dad had a moon pie and Landon saw him eating it and signed, "Please". L.D. couldn't resist, gave him a piece and immediately signed, "More" as well. This boy knows what he likes. The only thing is that most of the things he loves are not so good for him! I did find out that he likes asparagus though. :) We had such a great family time and look forward to another event. Landon was such a trooper but we can tell he is so happy to be home- he has slept until 8:00 each morning!
Well, I better run, he is sitting in his drum and can't get out. What in the world did I do with my time before having this little friend?
2 comments:
Oh my goodness...he is too cute! And he looks so happy! Of course, he has two wonderful parents, so why wouldn't he look happy. I love reading your blog and I'm so glad you had such a great vacation.
Sounds like a great trip. I can't believe he got 6 teeth at one time! He is definitely a trooper.
Post a Comment