Sunday, December 11, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!!!

It is December 11th and I cannot believe all we have packed into December so far! It actually has not been stressful, either! The kids have been filled with joy, laughter and even some thoughtful reflection about the meaning of the season. Enjoy!


We are so delighted to be able to get a real tree again. Landon was allergic and coughed all through the night when he was two and we did not chance getting a real tree again until a year ago, after hanging a real wreath in our house 2 years ago without Landon having difficulty. The kids did run amuck...which makes me see the value in going to a large tree farm and letting them run wild. This was our local tree lot, right off of 751...not exactly a great place for kids to run...but at least we had had an extra adult to man them!! Mommom came this year!





Such a special treat to have Mommom here! She started her stay with us the Saturday this was taken, while Stan had a business trip. Life saver for sure!!!




Lindsay Jane was very observant...


And was waiting to see who was chosen to place the angel on top...


Can you guess who did it???


Then, she had some fun with her daddy, dancing...


And putting up the lights!!!


Mommom relaxed and "supervised".



The kids wrote a little to Jimmy, our Elf on the Shelf...they feared something was awry when Jimmy did not move after his first night here...


You see, he was busy playing video games, got distracted and forgot to do his job. He got in big trouble with Santa...then he made the kids some reindeer donuts to express his apologies.


This year, we finally got to the Advent Wreath making event at Blacknall. Janise has been inviting us for years. It was such a fun and meaningful time. :)


Connor and Lindsay Jane were wonderful little helpers.




So serious and focused. Made it all the more meaningful when we have lit each candle thus far.


Silly Z and LJ sucking oranges like monkeys...there is always time for fun!


This is the funniest picture! Lily Joy is beneath Janise's hair! We were trying to get a picture of Lily Joy's first Advent Wreath making event...hahahaha!


Connor was so proud!


Ron was so silly...as usual...




Emelia and Connor worked very hard on these wreaths!!!


The whole crew!


And...our first lighting...love these babies, love this time of year, love the meaning of the Advent Wreath and how it encourages us to slow it down...


And then...Jimmy...was back to his antics...


Lindsay Jane is loving him this year...waking at about 5:45 almost every morning to see what he is up to...


Tic tac toe anyone??



Lindsay Jane has also started loving to make silly faces...


She thoroughly enjoyed some cooking time with Mommom...they were making Eggplant Parmesan here. Yum!



And, we have done some gingerbread...


And had a stomach bug...that only Connor and Jimmy caught...


We have had great Mommom snuggles...


More silly faces...


And more fun with Jimmy...




We had a surprise playgroup with Baylie and Stacey! They don't usually get to come anymore, so Stacey didn't tell us she was coming and surprised us with a knock at the door! It was just Lucia and I and our kiddies and we were thrilled to have Stacey and Baylie join us! You can see how happy to little ones were!


Baylie is a great playmate...and wore my little girl out!






More baking! Connor even wrote on an assignment that one of the things he loved was that his mom baked with him. Oh how special that made me feel! I enjoy it so much!


Stan and I have gotten out to a few Christmas parties...


We have focused on the meaning for this season. We have been working very hard to teach our children about the meaning of Advent through our daily devotions and Jesse Tree passages. I am not going to allow you to pretend that it is all roses over here during our devotional time. In fact, it is quite the challenge! The kids take turns doing things they don't normally do to get attention, you know...like slide down the back of the couch? What? Stan and I have worked really hard together to help them listen and I think they have each gotten at least one lesson??? Maybe???


Next stop? Santa Train! In the rain this year! And 40 degree weather!!




But obviously the kids didn't mind!!!



Lindsay Jane loved getting her face painted!


I got my annual picture of Landon and Connor...


And of Sophia and Landon...year 7 for them!!


Lindsay Jane was one proud little snowgirl!


And she and Z really felt as though they were a part of it all this year! Even the yummy hot chocolate!



Helen and Ron came and I just adore watching Helen with Lily Joy. Two little peas in a pod, these two.



Connor got his face painted too!


And Lindsay Jane had hers painted twice...




Reindeer food for our lawns...



Ornaments for our trees!


Caught them all in action!!


Mother daughter love...


Sweet family memories...


And our first group photo!!


Thanks to Helen and Ron, who moved to NC this year! Yay!


Waiting for the train to arrive!!!



Silly poses!!


And two little silly munchkins...make that a wrap! I did not get any pictures on the train this year, but thankfully Janise did! I will eventually add them to the post! :)


Jimmy has been having  a lot of fun this year...


And, I had to take the kids to get their annual Christmas cute with CeCe...who also shaped up Lindsay Jane's little shop shop from she and Geneva's cousin hair parlor...we love CeCe!!! She has been cutting the kids hair for 7 years!


And, this year...she even made a mohawk for Connor...who was oober pleased...


Then, I took the kids to the store where we gathered food supplies as a service project for those less fortunate than us this Holiday Season. A group from our church has adopted a local elementary school and are helping to provide meals for the kids and their families over the Holiday break. I was so proud of all three kids who were very helpful. I really think the tangible piece of this really made a difference in their understanding this year.



Silly Jimmy...


And...Connor and I had a mommy and me date at "Smallcakes". What a special time with this little sweetheart. Love him.








Lindsay Jane and Ethan had lots of bonding time over the past 2 weeks and got to make a gingerbread house together this past Friday. They are building such a sweet little friendship. :) They are so so silly together and I love watching them giggle!!


And, this year, we revived an old tradition..."Cookie Day"! I am so delighted that we did this. Anna and I baked and decorated, Kay "supervised" the kids and made us all giggle with her silly antics. Cole and Lindsay Jane just poured out their sweet cousin love all over each other!!! I am really not sure who had more fun...



These were not easy pictures to get! But they were fun!


I see a hint of rascal in those eyes...



I would say these two are happy children???


Sweet Aunt Moo!






They really did focus for a snippit of time! :)



And then...it was back to being cray cray!


Kay wanted to dance...and Anna obliged...


Mini-me???


Have I mentioned that I love having a daughter? Such a sweetheart she is!!


I love this one!



Making my grandmother's Christmas Tree cookies. :)


Such a happy time for all of us. I truly am blessed to have Anna as my sister in law. She is a treasure.


Kay had the kids make a collage...and they actually did a great job!!



Some of the cookies up close...


Nanny and her reindeer craft...


Close up of the goods...


Kay being silly...pretending she did all of the cookie baking...but let's face it...there would not be nearly as many cookies had she not kept the two littles occupied!!


I'd say it was a very good day....

Stay tuned for more frequent installments on Captivated! I am on a roll and committed to keeping this up after a crazy fall. I have so enjoyed my other blog and will keep up with it too, but I am looking forward to being more regular on this little space too. :)

No comments: