Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Spring Break 2015



What a wonderful Spring Break we had!!!  Sarah and I kicked it off with running our first half marathon...note I said first...as I have told her...there will be more, I hope!  You can read all about it in my post titled, "13.1".  I am still in the process of writing that one too.

Anyhoooo.  The race was great, the company was great and the beach was, as always, my favorite.


The first day the kids had to get to the sand and surf.  Can you blame them?





The first day was cold but that didn't stop these crazy kids.


I love this one of Landon. He, now eight, is still able to be completely taken in by the sand and the vastness of the beach.


A little brother and sister moment. :)


This was more commonly seen...Anna and Connor were just two peas in a pod.  These two are our sneaky middle children who we have to keep an eye on.  They *might* have been caught kissing in the past. Boy oh boy....the conversations that followed...


My sweet boy, building a sand castle.  He is such a thinker.  His little wheels just turn in that sweet head of his.  I love to watch him.  My heart.


Sarah getting a sweet moment with her sweet little one, who is not so little anymore.  :)



Sweet girls walking up from the beach.  They asked Sarah to carry them... ummmm, post 13.1 miles that morning, you two little ladies can walk.  How about I hold those sweet little hands.  :)


And, Pop.  My dad and mom came over to make a celebratory feast for Sarah and I!  They also fed us our carb and salt loaded dinner pre-race.  This dinner was amazing and just what I wanted!  It truly was just extra special to have my parents there to cheer me on.  It was amazing.  And, having them cook for me too, was something I will always treasure.  You are never too old to need your mom and dad and mine were really there for me this past weekend.  Gotta stop, getting teary eyed...


Um.  YUM.


Look at that grin... :)


Old John's sauce...


The two most wonderful parents in the world.  Seeing these two faces cheering me on was just a tiny window into what life will continue to be like with my three.  There are times when I am sad that the baby days are on their way out, but knowing that I can still be present for these types of big events and KNOW how special it is, no matter how old my kids are.  I know because it was that special to me.  It was like Kindergarten graduation, my first softball game, getting my driver's license, high school prom, high school and college graduation, my wedding...it was just magic, having them there. Amazing love, how can this be?


Mom, dad, our family and our wonderful neighbors, enjoying the feast.


I'd say JD and Landon were impressed...


And, the next morning...we had bunny pancakes!  I had to channel my "Uncle Fred" and get Sarah on board...she let me use my crafty food mom skills...while she made the more practical pancakes.  :)


Then, we had mimosas to celebrate our 13.1!!!!!  Thanks Shannon!


Anna and Connor were impressed.  :) And silly.


Stan took a little breather to love up on our Landon.  How I love the way Stan loves our kids.


Another beach day?  Um.  It was even colder!



Stan bundled little LJ up and took her outside!



There was plenty of wrestling!




And Holt serenaded us with his dark glasses and guitar.  It was hilarious and the kids loved it.


Next stop...the NC Aquarium!  I stayed at the house and rested up because I developed a little tendinitis after the race and needed to ice it, but the rest of the crew went and had a blast!


Best buds.


I just love this one.




Three little lobsters.  ;)


Insanely cute.


And...back to the beach.  No matter what we did during the day, there was always time to head back to the beach. The kids just loved every minute of it...




Caught in the act...right after we said, "Just don't throw the sand...".  Cool picture, though, huh?



Practicing his primo baseball throw!  I love this picture so much and I love that Landon got to have a break from school.  What a tough year.  What a tough boy he is!!! :)


He will probably kill me for this one day. :) He has little chicken legs like someone else I know.


Landon and JD, best buds.  Sarah got one similar to this and both of them asked if she would print it out for them to hang in their rooms.  I love how close they are and the blessing that they live NEXT door.


A common sighting during our week. :)


Holt, Mom-mom and I decided to venture out to take the big kids to see the Maritime Museum on Beaufort.  We had hoped to go see the wild ponies, but the weather just was not right.  We didn't want to make that cool of a trip pale because of external circumstances.  We will go there!  It is on my mom's "bucket list".

Here is Miss Anna, getting ready to do her treasure hunt!



Landon did his treasure map evaluation on a boat...


Blackbeard. And two little rascals.


Connor and Anna at the treasure chest.




Connor getting ready to pick his souvenir penny out!  This was the thing of the week for my Connor. And, when we got back, sweet Stan ordered him a little booklet to keep his pennies in. Connor was so proud of his little collection
.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Sarah gave the little ones pedicures...




Lindsay Jane was oooober impressed.  :)  This was her first pedicure and she loved it.  Oh, the joys of little girls.  :)



Beach time again! In her pajamas! Yes! Pure pure joy.




More rock throwing into the ocean.


Two little monkeys.


What is that I see in Stan's coat?   A cute little curly haired little angel?


I think someone is having a little fun..


Oh, Stan, if only.  Too funny.


Pop and mommom getting away for a moment.  Isn't this a great one?  Especially for two mountain loving people.  The ocean, it has a way of pulling you in...


Sweet Connor.  I just love this little one.


Yes, the kids played a little bit on the smart phones...but we opted to leave the x-box at home, which was absolutely the right decision.  The kids played and played outside, read books, played Foosball, played board games and got out and about around the island.  It was great.


Cuties...


Lindsay Jane playing with her Pop.


My mom had a little buddy, Miss Anna.  Look at that sweet little one laying on my mom.  It was precious.  She was calling for Mommom to read her a book later on and it just made my heart smile. Mommom did not mind at all.


Rachel had to get in on the fun with Pop...


Boogers.


I have a picture almost identical to this one when Landon was this age.  My parents just love being grandparents.  It is so precious to watch them with my kids.


See?


My peace.



And, I had to include these two.  We played "Battle of the Sexes" which was hilarious with my parents.  Here they got a card where they had to act out the word or action on the card.  What a fun time was had by all!


And...back to the beach!




Definitely one of Connor's favorite things to do at the beach!



And, we even made time for our annual bunny cake making and decorating with the Woodruffs! How fun!




How tasty!


Enjoying more time on the beach after our first walk after the half!






Lindsay Jane was getting the hang of Frisbee throwing...glad Stan was on the receiving end of that lesson...


Lindsay Jane also thought she needed to sit on the beach and read like mommy.  How funny is this. No, she is not reading a book, but a tablet.  Wowee, how times have changed.







It was a perfect day for kites!


And sandcastles...






One determined little girl.



Who just loves her puppy.  :)



I love watching kids sit by the water and I love that in the second picture, you can see the boys in the distance.   I think I could write a book about all the things this picture makes me think about.



We had time for a little baseball too!



And LJ practiced her Yoga...







Then there was football...


More sandcastles...


And even some time for us couples to bond.  ;)


Next stop...Fort Macon!


Souvenir penny stop...


Posing by the canon balls. LJ was not too impressed.  ;)


But the boys were!  Look at those cuties.  :)



I do think they actually learned  a lot as Stan took them around and talked to them about all of the exhibits.  Landon has a mind for history and was teaching me things about what he learned when we got home.


It was really beautiful on top of the Fort.  Made me a little nervous, so I held on to the crazy two year old rather tightly... It was high!


Boys running around...always a good thing!


Brothers.  Wow how I love these two little boys.



Only on Stan's watch... I didn't even know this went on until I looked at the pictures...and that is probably for the best.  BOYS! All ages!




Connor was thrilled to be able to explore and pretend.  He has an amazing imagination that I love.


Photo credit...Stan Cole.  Cool picture, huh?


Sarah held tightly to her wild two year old too...


It is so cool that these boys are getting to make these types of memories together.  I love it.


Our wonderful neighbors, friends and huge blessings!!


Our sweet little crew.  Wow, LJ, the hair!


See how high?  Yikes...


While the boys were doing the crazy things, climbing and whatever else I am unaware of, I was playing with Lindsay Jane in the courtyard.  It was a blast.










Oh, the simple delights in being a little one and just taking it all in.  She ran and ran as I chased her through the grass...giggling every minutes, saying, "Get me mommy!"  I will forever treasure that time.





We even got to sneak away to a pool!  Kay came down and rented a hotel room and invited us for a swim.  The kids were ecstatic!!


Who do you think brought the Cheetos?  Not Sarah and not I...


Another sweet picture of Landon and JD.


Chilaxin'

And...our last day...complete with weather warm enough to swim in the ocean...in the first week of April.










Until next time, NC Coast.  You are the best, as always.  And even better with such dear friends and family.