I jumped out of my car, sent my colleague (and friend) a quick text...I am on my way. I am here. I am walking in now. I am late (again) but I am here. I had a lot on my mind. An upcoming appointment. Two meetings outside of work. Many childcare pieces fit together to allow me to go to a conference this week on Thursday and Friday. A meeting with my new boss. Eight patients with very pressing needs. Countless emails from other patients to answer. My best friend from high school just delivered her baby 6 weeks early. I want to be there. My family member is struggling. I rushed my kids out the door. Did I love them well enough this morning to send them away from me for the day? Will I be able to get out of work on time? Will I be able to eat lunch today?
I looked down at my phone again...I would send another quick text to my friend with the premature baby. My phone had been pressed up against my lunch bag, the keyboard exposed, leaving all auto features on...auto correct, auto word recognition, auto voice recognition and transcription. Typed in the text box from all of these auto-isms...was this, "You are a beautiful person in..."
I whispered...Christ. Christ. Christ.
Exhale.
Pause.
My heart smiled. A message from my loving heavenly father. No coincidence.
When the busy days try to steal us away, God is waiting. He is present and speaking. In the stickers placed by a stranger. In the "auto-texts". In the extra time taken to really listen. In the "front hugs". In the smile of a stranger. In the laughter of a child.
We just have to see him.
We just have to see ourselves as he sees us.
I think I will take that entrance to the parking deck every day.
And. I will pause. I will whisper, I am beautiful in Christ.
There is no better way to start my day than to see myself and all others as beautiful in Christ. Looking with God's eyes is far different than looking with my eyes. My eyes are hazy, blurry, out of focus, nearsighted, farsighted, misshapen, red, infected, imperfect. God's eyes correct every imperfection and allow me to first see myself as a loved child of God, given grace I do not deserve so that I can give that same grace to others.
God, let me see with your eyes. Let me see me as you see me. Let me see my neighbor as you see him or her. Let me see my enemy as you see him or her. Let me see your beauty in all things.
God, let me see you.
No comments:
Post a Comment