Another beautiful day to share with you all! Last Tuesday, Landon, Connor, Lindsay Jane, our friend Emelia and I headed to Creedmoor to spend the day with our dear friends, Stacey and Baylie at an outdoor fun place called, Three Bears Acres. It was awesome!
The first thing we did was to bounce on this huge blob! Stacey and Lindsay Jane were getting used to it here. As you can see, it was just as much fun for a grown up!
Now, here I am, trying to get my balance. It was very interesting...haha!
Lindsay Jane was a fan for sure!
Watch out Bouncing Bulldogs (a jump roping league here in the triangle), Landon has some air!
Emelia mid bounce!
Baylie was figuring it out too...
Lindsay Jane and I getting our rhythm. :)
Ring around the rosie with all the kids! It truly is the simply things. They all absolutely loved playing this old old childhood game on the blob. Lots of giggles, lots of smiles, lots of quality time with kids I dearly love.
"We all fall down!"
Next stop was the painting wall. Lindsay Jane was thinking about it here. I love how she takes things in.
Emelia had no fear. She was ready!
I love this picture. This painting wall was great. They just got as yucky and messy as they wanted to and created their own little masterpieces without constraints of time, mess or direction. It was really fun to watch.
Lindsay Jane first decided to paint herself...I did say, without direction...I let it fly. It was all about fun!
Then, she decided to try the wall. :) I love seeing her touch it with her precious little hand.
Connor, Lindsay Jane and Emelia were at the painting wall the longest. This was no surprise to me, knowing these kids' personalities (especially Connor and Emelia). It is so sweet how these little creative, focused, daydreaming little souls gravitated towards this type of activity.
Now this is what my Landon was doing...also right up HIS alley! Forget the painting, I am going to go sling shooting!!
Emmie also joined in the fun and was very calculated with her aim. :)
Waterslide fun!!!!!!!! This part was totally awesome! This was like a giant tarp with water being sprayed on it by sprinklers and a guy holding a hose. The kids just flew down the hill...especially our little Lindsay Jane. She was ALL IN. She was sliding down, only in a swim diaper, trouncing through mud to get back up the hill and keeping up with all the older kids. The older kids also kept asking why Lindsay was going faster than they were!!! This little girl hath no fear! What a delight to watch!!!!
Crazy crazy crew. Including Stacey!
Sweet Baylie and Emelia swinging together on the double swing.
Landon climbing the rope ladder...which I found Lindsay all the way up with her brother Connor holding her little tush. It was hilarious. I cannot believe how little fear she has...it's a bit frightening, esp. with her crazy older brothers to help her along!
Landon pausing for a smile at dear old mom.
Landon getting his aggression out at a punching bag! I think we need one of those at home! But wait, that doesn't go along with the latest parenting book I read...haha!! What a journey, eh?
Landon teaching Connor how to do the rings. Connor looks a little perplexed. I wish I knew what he was thinking. :) Either, my brother is really cool and I am taking notes on how to do this....OR....my brother is about to fall and I want no part of that...
Connor going up the "safer" rope ladder to try it out before he pushed his little sister's tush up to help her also reach the very top!
Sledding in Summer? You got it! This kids loved this activity and ran up and down up and down riding the plastic sleds on what appeared to be white turf. What a creative little park this was and totally all about kids just being kids and enjoying the outdoors.
Lindsay Jane was running away from Baylie here. She had ridden down the slide with Baylie (who just adores Lindsay Jane) and she was running back towards Mommy. Baylie had to leave her little sled behind to try to catch up with my determined mama's girl. I love little Baylie for being so sweet to look after my precious Lindsay Jane.
And...that's a wrap, folks. Our little sweetie was totally wiped out. She fell asleep on the way to Stacey's house and I was able to transfer her to her pack and play without a hitch.
The older kids watched Air Buddies and Stacey and I caught up. It was such a delightful day. Sometimes it is so nice to sit back and reflect on wonderful days like this one...
I bet you would not believe that I also took all four children with me to an appointment at the Pediatrician's office at 3:45 because Landon's bee sting turned into a skin infection (which I noticed when I was buckling all 4 kids in the car to head to Creedmoor!)...on the way to swimming lessons that started at 4:35.
Whew. A day in the life of a mom. And those are just the highlights from ONE day. Wouldn't have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment