Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My time with Two


This post is a little tardy...but that is how I roll with three.  I had the chance to spend a week with my two younger ones as Landon went on an adventure with Mommom and Pop after the beach trip.  It was really nice- esp with Connor- to be able to see him little personality shine without the influence, ridicule or competition from his older brother.  Here he is concentrating on building a tower out of sponges.


He had to switch positions here, moving to the other side of the table to better position the higher blocks.


So proud!  So nice to build without having to worry about them being knocked over by a silly big brother.


Connor and Lindsay having yogurt together and watching a little show.  It was really nice to see the bond these two built being together.


Playtime at the cabin!  We headed to the cabin on Thursday for the 4th of July and Stan headed to get Landon for the Cole boys camping trip.  Here they are playing with the basket of toys at Pop and Mommom's cabin.  The big cracker barrel checkers were cool for tower building.  And, again, they were not knocked over!!!


Happy 4th!


Sweet girl.  Love this little "cheese" face.  It is also one of the only times she let me put a bow in her hair- but she wouldn't let me adjust it.  :)


I tried to get a sweet picture by the flag but she is a busy little thing!


See...


Red, white and blue crew headed to Black Mountain and to search out some seafood for dinner!  Yes, I said seafood...in the mountains.  My parents have connections when it comes to Blue Crabs..


Unfortunately, we didn't get our blue crabs because of "Arthur" but we settled for Killians for lunch and shrimp and smoked salmon for dinner...


Lindsay loves ice cream!


So does my little bug. :)


Posing with Pop!


Then, we went back to the cabin and enjoyed a nap!  Yay!  And, I didn't have to help Landon figure out what to do during that time...When Lindsay Jane woke up, she was ready for the little pool.


Mommom joined her...then, we headed for the slip n slide!





Lindsay Jane loved it!!



Connor was under impressed...but then we went to the lake, his wish.  :)



See me in that lake...not a common occurrence... lots of things I do now are for the little ones.  I really hate getting in lakes, but I have done it twice this month and am getting ready to do it again this weekend! :)  Lindsay Jane absolutely loved loved the lake.  Connor did too.  What a treat to spend time with these two little monkeys.



We also got fresh corn to go with our smoked salmon...Lindsay Jane was quite a fan.  I mean, who wouldn't be!!



Sparklers!


This was our view of Lake Lure for the 4th.  You can't see from the picture, but there were tons of boats all lined up on the lake with red, white and blue lights, waiting for the firework display!


My dad was so happy!  He was worried that we wouldn't get to see fireworks...


Connor was trying to see the boats and was waiting as patiently as a 4 year old can for the fireworks to start!


So, we gave him another sparkler...to help with the waiting.  He was very impressed.


The next day, we headed to the gym and the park at Montreat for a picnic. I had two happy little campers.


Connor begged me to take this picture.  :)


Lindsay's sweet little look.






These two just loved their time at the park.  It was so sweet watching the two of them explore.  I got in on the fun too and chased them around a bit.  It was such a treat.



Cheese!  Two sweet smiles for mommy.



And two sweet smiles for Mommom!


Later that day, Stan and Landon arrived and we headed back to the lake.  Lindsay Jane was, again, a huge fan!  Made my mom so happy!


Mommom and Pop with my three.  :)


Happy lake baby!


Stan got out his kayak and pulled Connor around on the float, since Connor didn't get to go on the boys camping trip.


Landon swam out to check things out.  Don't worry, he was offered to get into the little raft, but the sibling rivalry started up right away...leading to a time out and a missed opportunity until an attitude was changed...


Landon considering getting in.


And, he decided not to, but my Connor was all smiles, enjoying his chance to be a big boy.  He can't wait to go on the boys camping trip too but Stan said, one more year.  That's ok by me.  I will have my two littles again next year.  :)


And...I love this one.  Connor told us that he missed his kitty cat and wanted me to take a picture of he and Midnight when we got home.  :)


I really treasured my time with my two little ones.  It was really nice to have Connor be able to bond with his sister and also with me- without any pressure to be older like his brother.

Landon also had a special time, which he really needed. My parents said he was very well behaved and really had a ball.  He got to see my brother, sister in law and niece in Maryland, got to go to Captain Billy's crab house- where I used to go when I was little, he went to a National's Baseball game, he met my dad and mom's older sisters, he swam with Pop and really had some special time to bond with my parents without the two little ones around!  He also got to go on his first Cole Boys Camping Trip, a treasured time for sure.  I love the legacy of strong men of faith in the Cole family that Landon is already getting to spend time with.

The week was a win-win for everyone.  What a blessing!

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: