I have figured out that I average about 2 posts a month these days, which...I guess is pretty good considering I have three kids. I still love doing it and will continue to try and not let myself get discouraged when I can't get them out there as often as I would like. So, here is a journey though some pictures since my last post. Hey, at least I am still taking pictures!
Sweet Lindsay Jane in her fall colors. This was taken one Thursday morning when she and I were hanging out at home together. She is such a good little buddy.
And she loves her brothers' tunnel!
We took a trip out the the airport runway as well and met up with our dear friends, the Mohns. Connor didn't have much memory of being there before as it has been since he was a little babe!
Lindsay Jane had a lot of snuggles with her daddy.
Connor showed off his ninja skills...and little boy protesting the camera faces...
Isaiah was pure sweetness!
And another little boy camera pose protest!
Lindsay Jane loved getting on the play structure, just like her brothers.
Awwwwww. They relented for dear ole' mom.
Lindsay Jane figuring out the sand and the grass...
We tried our best to get a picture of Isaiah and Lindsay Jane looking at the camera...this was the best I got. :)
Connor did eventually stop for a sweet little smile. That smile I love so much.
I absolutely love this picture of Isaiah and Andy. What a big world with all kids of big vehicles but it all looks so much smaller and safer in daddy's arms.
Lindsay tried out spaghetti in a new way...and she liked it...
And proved even more that she is a little ham!
We got the chance to work on a special craft at playgroup. I had so much fun with the kids, helping them make little snowmen on little clear balls out of their fingerprints. Watch out, some of you may be getting these for Christmas...
A little closer look. It did take some effort and coordination, but they turned out so cute.
Then, we headed to Massenutten resort. It is in Northern Virginia and is a ski resort and lodge, complete with an indoor pool, game room and water park. Rest time was fought daily, but we did manage to get the kids to relax. Landon was snuggled in Pop and Mommom's room at this time.
Stan was able to lay his head down a bit as well. Though, as all of you with small children know...it was never for too long...
Lindsay started scribbling and was so very focused. I cannot believe she is old enough to be drawing her own pictures...
Concentration...
Oh, yeah! The pool! Obviously Lindsay Jane was lovin' it. And so was her Mommom!
Such sweet times with her grandmother. Watching my mom with Lindsay Jane makes me think so much about my mom's mother, "Grandma", who Lindsay was named after. I see how my mom loves my Lindsay and remember that love so well...and miss it.
The boys had to get into some boy action...
Sweet smiles, happy boys and girls and happy grown ups.
I love this one of Stan and Lindsay Jane. She just loves her daddy and I love seeing Stan with a little girl. He is so sweet and adoring with her.
After pool time..jacuzzi time!
Sweet innocent faces...
I think they are plotting here what they will do with the bubbles...
Then, Connor goes for it, full on!
Book time with Mommom.
No trapped-indoors-for-hours-trip is complete without "tatts". These were of the Ninja Turtle variety.
Sweet Lindsay Jane ready to eat!
Stan teaching the boys about building their muscles...
Landon was telling Stan here that he was actually stronger than Stan already...
More coloring. More concentration.
Dancing with daddy. Stan used some of his skills from our dancing lessons to dance with Lindsay. She loved it and so did he and everyone watching.
Caught!
Mommom brought her famous peanut butter kiss cookies. Connor had the duty of unwrapping 24 kisses. He actually asked before eating any! Then, he proceeded to eat about 5!
Rolling the dough into balls and then in sugar.
Landon wanted in on the action...esp. after he saw Connor eating some kisses. :)
Such a sweet boy with his posed smile for mom.
More instructions...place them on the sheet...
Then take the forks (not using them as weapons, by the way) and flattening them out before cooking. They did great and the cookies ended up amazing as always. I love that they enjoy baking and I enjoy the fruits of their labor!!
Waterpark time! Boy, Mommom is excited! Lindsay is looking a bit perplexed...
OK, maybe this is ok...
OK, love it!
Love that little face!
Such a sweet shot!
I got in a few squeezes as well. :) It was pure joy watching her discover the little streams of water coming out of the rocks. There were too many belly laughs to count!
Look at that wonder...
Told ya, more belly laughs!
Then on to the slides! The great thing about the ratio of adults to kids now being 4:3 in stead of 2:3 is that Stan and I could spend some one on one time with each of the kids. I really enjoyed going down the water slides at least 30 times with this guy! He would look at me after finishing the slide and say, "Again?" Big smile when I replied, of course, let's go!!!
Stan got to go with Connorbug. He loved the slides as well, but more the smaller variety. He barely made the height cut off to go and wasn't exactly thrilled with them, but I tell you, if he had not been tall enough to at least try, we would never had heard the end of it...
Sweet faces.
Our water sliding crew. What a blast we had with the boys! We ended up staying until much later than Lindsay Jane and had a warm dinner waiting for us when we got back to the condo. It was wonderful.
Then, on to the Coles! We hopped in the car and 4 hours and 40 minutes later, we arrived in Hickory to be with the Cole side of the family for Thanksgiving Day.
Sweet shot with my girl, Moo and "Uncle" Ryan. We surely missed Michele, Ryan's other half, as she had to put in her time as a new nurse and work on Thanksgiving, taking care of other people. We missed her so much, but I have been there and we certainly appreciate all those people who had to work.
Stan and sweet baby Cole. :)
Switch! Aunt Moo and baby Lindsay!
Moo and Cole. Anna is just the sweetest mama. I have loved watching her blossom into motherhood, a place she was certainly meant to be.
Me and my sweet baby girl.
T-R-O-U-B-L-E...looks like it and believe me, it was.
Ricky and the turkey!
We got the kids outside and had some good family fun.
Lindsay Jane was right there in the mix.
Looks like she is in charge?
In charge, again?
A Lillie squeeze and kisses!
Uncle Alan loving on Lindsay. Makes me think about and really miss LD. So thankful my kids have the love of all of LD's family, even if he isn't here physically.
Stan, Chris and the photo-bomber!
The photo-bomber in the picture this time...
All the boys! (who happened to be outside at the time)
A little Bowland love with a cute little man with a homemade football hat thanks to Carrie! Too cute!
Lindsay Jane, holding her own with the guys.
I mean, who could deny this little one the ball?
Alan and Ricky checking out the old bell in Pa Cole's yard.
And, Landon learning some Cole boy skills from Ryan. :)
Connor played very contently inside.
Lindsay Jane did too, for a couple minutes at a time.
Connor and Lindsay decided that underneath the pedestal couches was the place to be. Obviously they had a blast. Connor had me counting about 20 times to play hide and seek. :)
Kay and Kera comparing notes on their electronic devices.
I love this picture of Brandon and Cole. What a happy little baby and a wonderful brother-in-law.
Bumbo time!
Nanny time!
And, finally home...
The morning after Thanksgiving we gave Lindsay Jane her first Christmas gift, the Little People Nativity. She loves is and I love watching her play and place all of the people in their perfect spot. What a joy to watch.
Landon pulled his little sister close and posed for a picture. Love these little faces so much.
Getting ready for Christmas decorating...
Someone wasn't too happy about getting dressed...
Sweet cuddles in the midst of getting the boxes out. So nice to have a day to just be home and take these little stops and enjoy the moments.
More little fingerprint snowmen...I was met with a little more resistance from my own crew during this project. I have to believe that one day they will cherish the ornaments we made. I also know that I already do. I love seeing their little finger prints all together. What a sweet moment in time, even if it was my sweet moment, not theirs...
Time to get out the lights!
Our light stringer extraordinaire!
Connor, our ornament box carrier! I mean, he was so ready to put up that tree and decorate it, I thought I would never hear the end of it!
Sweet boy. I love these kinds of pictures. He and Landon have it down this year.
Lindsay, had to have a lot of help, as you can imagine. She was "breaking ornaments faster than Stan could fix them", per Stan.
Obviously, we had a great time decorating out tree. The kids were very into doing it as a family and that is what I have tried to foster over the years. I am very thankful.
And, just last night...we watched the Polar Express to welcome the Christmas season right! Pizza and movie night! What a blast!
I will close with this sweet shot of my 4 little loves. I am praying that we can have lots of little moments of being present this Advent Season. Being present and not really expecting much but to just be in the moment. I think with three kids, that is our best bet to have a peaceful and Christ-focused Christmas season. I think I have less things on the calendar than any previous year. I hope that it feels that way to the rest of the crew. I am trying my best to make this season very low key and low stress so there can be more Christ, what it should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment