Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013

A Merry Christmas, indeed.  Sunday December 22nd started our Christmas week celebrating at the Moran family gathering.  This is Stan's mom's side of the family.  We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of family and fellowship which kicked off our Christmas just right.


Here is one of my favorite memories from the holidays.  Lindsay Jane, Madi and Sarah all gathered at the piano at Teresa's and started playing.  Isn't this what family gatherings are made of?  It was such a gift to watch these little ones enjoy the magic of childhood.


Here's the crew!  John, the one in the far back left with the remote...was the awesome photographer on this shot.  It takes a great photographer (and a lot of patience) to get a shot like this!!  I am told that not everyone was smiling in one picture so there was some "photoshopping" going on...it looks so great, I am not sure I believe it was doctored!!  :) One thing I just love about this picture is how Connor's little hand is on my shoulder.  What a sweetie.


Landon delivered candy cane reindeer to everyone.  He, Connor and Nanny worked hard on these when the boys stayed over at Nanny's the night before.


Lindsay Jane was enamored with Teresa's snowman collection.  This was the original snowman that started her singing and dancing snowman collection.  One thing I love about them is that they are all loved.  She buys them for the kids to play with...a wonderful grandma, so some of them work only partway, some of them have lights that only illuminate partly, but all of them bring a wonderful smile to young and old.  :)


Me and my sweet girl.


Lindsay Jane loves her Aunt Moo-moo.


Uncle B and sweet baby Cole.


Stan and Anna with each other's little ones.  So sweet.


Lindsay Jane made friends with Gary too.  :)


I love this one of Bryce and Laura.  So sweet, a momma and her little boy, caught in the moment.  I wonder what they were "talking" about.  :)


Then, on to Christmas Eve service at church.  What a blessed service.  What a wonderful time of celebrating the true meaning and purpose of Christmas.  This is us by our Christmas tree in the sanctuary.  It is so beautiful and I have always wanted to get our family's picture taken in front of it.  This year, Nanny came with us and our pastor, Ray, was kind enough to make faces at the kids while Nanny snapped the picture!  Thanks guys!


A lovely soul from our congregation sent me this picture.  I love it.  You can see Connor and Landon behind him helping our pastor, Ray, lighting the Advent candle.  It is such a sweet time as he lets the kids all have a part in helping to light all 5 candles, one by one, week by week.  My boys were really excited to help this year.  :)


Christmas Eve Dinner with Nanny.  Fried chicken, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, bread and green beans.  Yummy southern goodness.


Landon was happy...


And so was our girl...


The boys posed for a picture in front of our tree and star made from tobacco sticks from the farm that Stan's mom grew up on.


My sweet little boys.


Pajama time!!  Someone was quite excited!


We have a tradition of giving each other pajamas on Christmas Eve, a tradition I liked and adopted from the White family.  My kids really look forward to their new pjs each year.  Landon was very pleased with his snowman pajamas!


Lindsay Jane was happy in her diaper and tights...


Stan got a Superman onesie this year!  Ha!


Nanny and the boys, donning their new pajamas and reading a message from Santa...


Stan and Shadow.


Stan, Landon, Nanny and Connor watching A Charlie Brown's Christmas.


Me getting some Connorbug snuggles.


Time to get that reindeer food on the lawn!


Connor wanted to make sure to get it all out of the bag.


Cookie making for Santa.  And quickly to bed right after!  I went in the kids room and we read Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I snuggled up with Connor and stayed in their room until they were asleep.  Then Kay, Stan and I enjoyed some quality adult time while we made sure the boys were good and asleep.  Then...our living room was transformed into Santa's workshop!  So fun!  We really try to balance the imagination and wonder of Christmas tradition with the main focus being on the reason for the holiday in the first place.  Our kids know why we celebrate Christmas and I am so thankful.



First thing in the morning...Landon checks out the note from Santa...it was about 6:35, not too bad, eh?


Connor and his Ninja Turtles!


Lindsay Jane and her cowboy boots and horsie!


The boys and their lightsabers, complete with lights and sounds when clashing...


 Lindsay Jane trying out her cowboy boots with that winning smile.


 Nanny also loved the boots...but she loves the girl even more.


"Lucky" the pony was quite the hit for our Lindsay!


Ya think?


 And, the boys had to try it out too!  Good thing it holds up to 60 pounds!


Stan putting together Connor's Ninja Turtle truck.


Me working on Landon's Rainbow Loom.


Still working...


 Nanny and Lindsay Jane stopping for a smile.


Landon's new fish, "Rainbow".  When we came downstairs, Kay, Stan and I all though this thing was a goner.  Oh my.  It was on its side...  Kay and I gave each other the look like...  RuRoh...how are we going to explain this one...but then Stan went and studied it hard and decided that it's gills were moving.  Whew.  That was almost a total Santa flop...


All three kids checking out Landon's fish accessories.


Connor and his new suitcase!


Lindsay Jane and her new helmet!


The boys trying out "Lucky" again...lightsaber and all.


Christmas Cuties.


I had to include this one too.  I love that little matching smile on Landon and Lindsay Jane's faces.  Oh how I wish Connor had looked at the camera!


Lindsay, finally figuring this whole thing out!


Happy little Christmas girl!


Snacking is good, even on Christmas!


And...the kids' favorite part of the day...the only day of the year they get to each cake for breakfast!  Happy Birthday Jesus!  Landon said, "Mom, Jesus is not three!"  Lol.


Connor got the first blow...


 Then Landon!



I think they like cake for breakfast, what do you think?

After breakfast for the kids, we also had our annual Christmas Casserole.  We then read the last entry for our Jesse tree and enjoyed another cup of coffee.  We also all laid down for a nap.  It was very relaxing, even for dear old mom, the cook this year!


Then, fast forward to our Christmas Dinner.  We enjoyed the company of my sister and brother-in-law, Marc, Zaiya and Marc's daughter, Lourdie and her boyfriend, Noel.  What a wonderful time of family fellowship.


And, of course, Zaiya had to try out "Lucky" too.


And...the lightsabers...


Connorbug cuddles with daddy.


Sweet Landon posing by the tree.  I cannot believe how much he has grown up.


Uncle Marc talking to his family in Haiti.  Such a sweet man.  Such a sweet expression to his sister in law.


Lourdie and her boyfriend, Noel.  He was so kind.  He even told me that my meal was one of the best Christmas dinners he had had...I am not sure if he was just being sweet or if he really meant it but it made this little cook feel very appreciated.  :)


Zaiya forwent his elf costume in favor of the Spiderman...


Sweet lovebirds.


And...the fam, complete with Spider-Elf.


And, back to "Lucky".  This is more what I think "Lucky" has to look forward to in his future...Superheros, swords, more than one child on at a time, oh my...maybe he is not so "lucky"... :)


Worn. Slap. Out.


A snuggle for Santa on their way home.  :)


And, on to Christmas at Nanny's December 26th!  Landon was nice enough to pose for our picture to make sure the lighting was just right for our family photo.


 The Cole/Bowland Family 2013.  What a blessing this crew is.  It is so hard to believe how we have grown from when I first joined the family.  It is also so hard to believe this was our 4th Christmas without L.D.  We always miss Pappa at this time of year even more than we usually do.  We always talk about him, though and the boys are very aware of his presence in our hearts, always.  We miss you and love you, L.D.


Stan and Baby Cole bonding.


Brandon and Connorbug bonding.


Stan manning the littlest two.


Lindsay Jane showing Cole the ropes.


 Me and my Main Squeeze.


 Moo Moo and Lindsay Jane playing with one of Anna's wrinkles dogs, a family treasure for sure.


Gift giving time!!  Do you think Connor was excited?


Nanny Claus...


The boys ripped into their gifts so fast it was ridiculous!  I am always challenged during this frenzy to teach them manners...instead of ripping through one, the next and the next without stopping to acknowledge the person who gave them the treasures.  Seems there is always something to parent!  ;)


Lindsay Jane got a tent from Moo and B!  Obviously, a huge hit!


Landon and Stan reading up on all things Ninjago!


Lindsay Jane got a Minnie Mouse car from Nanny...complete with lights and sounds...she loves it!


And even thought it would be a good thing to stand on...


Pretty pleased, I'd say.


Moo and her Griswold Family Christmas T... :)


 Kay framed a really special marine corp picture of LD's for Stan.  He was very touched.


Merry Christmas from the Cole Family.  We wish you the joy that Christ's birth brings throughout the entire year!