What an amazing beach trip we had the first weekend of October! This picture says it all!!!
We went again this year with our dear friends, the Smiths. They have 2 girls and a boy that are the same ages as our crew. Our kids just love each other and have really grown up together. Such a sweet blessing.
I grew up with a very similar set up as a child. The Olmstead family had 2 boys and a girl while our family had 2 girls and a boy. We were just the best of friends and I often think of that sweet dynamic when I watch my kids with the Smiths.
So...here is a recap... of the Cole and Smith Beach Trip 2013
We arrives and Janise and I took a stroll on the beach at dusk. What beauty lies at the coast at this time of day.
The kids were up bright and early on Saturday morning, digging away. It was pure joy watching them and being able to sit for a bit as well... while they were all entertained.
Connor had some pensive time on the beach. He was just taking it all in. My boys just love the beach, like their mama.
Janise and Emelia with Emmie's sand sea turtle!
Connor and I with Connor's. The two sea turtles were friends, according to Connor. :)
Sophia and Landon posing for a picture. These two are getting a little more cooperative with pictures. I think they have learned that if they just indulge Janise and I, we will leave them alone. :)
Precious little babes. I mean, could they be any cuter?
The moms are in the picture! So often, we are behind the camera. But, thanks to Stan's recent interest in photography, he was happy to take a shot of us too. :)
I couldn't find Connor and happened to peek under our little umbrella tent! He was so tickled with himself!
I love these pictures of daddies and daughters...never did I imagine this would be in my future...
Just precious. This one makes my heart melt.
Landon and Sophia being good sports again!
And again!
How could I not include this one of Zachary?
Me and my little girl. I just love love saying that, my little girl. :)
My sweet boys. Brothers...what a gift to grow up with a brother. I see these two being so close, not that they don't fight with the best of them, but still...the bond I see building is one I pray I can foster and encourage throughout their lives. I just love these two little firecrackers!!
The foursome...having a blast at the pool! I think, left up to them, they would have stayed playing in the pool all night long! I love watching the four of them swim together, esp. after watching them in swimming lessons this year.
Sunday proved to be a little unpredictable with the weather...There was rain on and off, but it did not stop us from being on the beach! The kids even ran around and played in the rain. I am so thankful that we can see the value of letting our kids be kids. Often, I beat myself up for not doing more, not being more, not...you fill in the blank. But, at the end of the day, my kids are having a great childhood and I can do is continue to seek God in leading them day by day.
My loves. I cannot believe the blessings present in this picture. I love my family.
Speaking of blessings, check this little crew out!! I love my friends, too. :)
Another shot of life at the beach. I love thinking about all of the things these three could have been saying. Thanks Janise for capturing this male bonding!
Have I mentioned how much I treasure this little girl?
And these four???!!!
We did have to have a little indoor time because of the weather, so I made the kids brownies. Yummy yummy! Emelia wasn't so sure about smiling for me... And I think Landon was doing his best...like, really mom?
And, they all piled together to watch a "beloved" electronic device! Augh! This type of time was certainly very limited but can I get an AMEN on the challenge that electronic devices have brought to parenting?
Stan got some amazing pictures of the sunrise...these are such a small sampling...
And...Monday morning came and was absolutely beautiful!
What a treasured time this was. This was absolutely the highlight of my trip. Being with the kids and Janise, playing in the surf just warmed my heart immensely. Janise likened this picture to doing life with kids, not being able to do it alone, being up against rough water, not knowing what is coming next and needing a hand to hold for safety and to keep from falling...I love her word picture and find it so very fitting. Of course, being a pastor...her description was much more eloquent!
Lindsay Jane could truly sit on the beach playing in a bucket of water for hours. I think she was the perfect age this time. Toddling around the beach, running toward the surf, splashing in the water and just loving being alive.
Who doesn't love this type of shot?
Or this one?
I totally staged this one and its a really good thing you can't see their faces! I think they might be sticking their tongues out at me in this one. I just love this image and see this going in a frame after I see what else my sister might be able to do with it. My heart is just overflowing with thankfulness for these three little ones.
Another favorite. Brotherly love and bonding... I wonder what they were thinking. I also think about the love represented in those little clasped hands. This is what family is about. Seeing my kids holding hands and facing this life together.
Kites!
Happy little kite flyer!
And, that's a wrap. What a gift to spend Landon's fall break with such special friends. It is amazing that we had the weather we did and truly had a chance to relax among six children. Friends like these are a gift from God and times like these are a true treasure. Until next time, Topsail Island!
1 comment:
Love this! so happy you all had a great time!
Post a Comment