Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Connor Turns Four!


Faster than the speed of light...my Connorbug has grown into a 4 year old little boy!


How vividly I remember this tender moment... Now I have a bouncing boisterous loving little boy who is so much different than that precious little newborn I held four years ago today.


He loves to play with boxes...and all other things that are not real toys...he even had his lunch in this box last week.  Hey, whatever works. :)


He loves putting puzzles together, something I adore.  I so enjoy this quiet focused time with him.  He will sit still for the whole time and is actually really good at putting puzzles together!!


So, let the celebrating begin.  Stan and I decided to take Connor and the family to the zoo for his birthday gift.  We have talked about doing destinations as gifts in the past, but decided this year was a good time to start.  Connor had been talking about the zoo for some time and seemed the perfect age.  Here I am with my three little loves as we set off in the African Continent at the zoo...see the giraffes in the background?


Connor and Landon posing for some brotherly love.  These two love and strongly dislike each other...just like all brothers, I guess.


Connor was really interested in the dinosaur exhibit they had.  He wanted to know all about the tools they use for digging up bones.  Connor is quite the story teller...his imagination is something to behold.  In fact, he told me that he was the one who killed off all the dinosaurs...that is why they are extinct...just in case you were wondering.


Here is is taming the wild beast, I guess...


This gent was scary...I mean, it being fake and all, it still sort of freaked me out.  The boys loved it!


Again, Connor, taunting the dinosaur...unbelievable.


They have these pretend eggs in the center of one little area.  I think the kids could have played here for hours.  Connor grabbed up his little sis and gave her a squeeze for the camera.


Hanging out in the helicopter, learning about how they capture elephants.  Of course the boys were all into the darts they shoot them with.


Um, yep.  This about says it all.


Connor found his own little bench to take a rest.


And then had a blast running through the stick house as I chased he and Landon with the camera.


Love this look!


Running away from mama!


And...we finished our trip to the zoo with Connor's first Cotton Candy.  What a day!  We had a blast and I am so glad we did it.  It is cool that we will remember our first time there as a family for Connor's 4th birthday.  


On to his birthday party!  This year I told him he could invite 4 friends and our family.  He chose Anna, Emelia, Sophia and Atticus.  So sweet.  Of course Zaiya was there and JD got in on the sibling pass...:)  The theme was superheroes, of course, and worked quite nicely as Landon also had a superhero party for his 5th birthday!  Connor chose Superman at first, then switched to Spiderman...fine with me...look closely at the cake for five finger prints...that's what happens when a little boy is super excited about his birthday cake and it is left out in the open (in a box mind you!!).


Superhero pose! (Landon was Yoda and JD a Ninja...too cool, I guess to be Superheros anymore)


I was bat girl again and my Lindsay Jane was Super girl....too darn cute and too darn hard to get a cute picture with my little ones!  :)


I love this picture.


Supper Nanny, Super Moo, Super B and Super Baby Cole.


Super Pop and Buzz Lightyear.


Yoda and Mr. Ninja.


Cutie pie Zachary was all smiles for the Superhero party!


Super Daddy and Super Baby Cole again!


Connor always has this look when we sing to him.  He gets a little embarrassed.  It is so adorable.


We had to have a talk with all the kids prior to Connor blowing out his candles to make sure they knew that he wanted to blow out his own candles!  Amazing the things you have to remember as a mom!


The crew!


Super Silly Aunt Moo!!


Another cute shot of our little Super Baby Cole and Super B.


Opening gifts!


Reading his cards.


Cole wanted in on watching the gifts being opened too!


Super Lindsay Jane with her Super Nanny and Super Mommom.


Holt and Rachel were all smiles!


Lindsay Jane practiced her singing with Pop and Mommom.  It was the sweetest little thing in the world.


Not, time to really look at the gifts.  The girls and I had some quiet time looking at the details while the boys were off playing superheroes.


Lindsay Jane, with a look of sheer pride...finally got into Connor's beloved chair after he left the room!  Watch out, folks, this girl is a smart cookie and knows how to get what she wants!


We had a great time celebrating Connor's 4th birthday with our friends and family.  What a wonderful little party to show Connor how very loved he is.


This was my favorite part though...Landon gave Connor a homemade card and read it to him.  He was so so excited to give it to him, he couldn't wait until today.  He gave it to him yesterday.


I mean, do I need to write anything more?


I just love these two little boys and the bond they share.


OK, can you believe all that celebrating happened before the actual day?  So, Stan and I bought Connor Frankenberry Crunch for Birthday Breakfast...a real treat in our non-sugar cereal home!!


I think Connor was thrilled, what do you think?


Big brother agrees.


Heading to school, Ninja Turtle shirt on for picture day...yes, I allowed it.  I mean, how do you argue with a birthday boy who wants to wear a Ninja Turtle shirt on his birthday...picture day or not?  :)


And a sweet little family party complete with a book from mommy, shoes and socks from Landon


puzzle from Lindsay,


and his very sought after prize, the superman sword...not even sure the real superman had a sword but whatever... :)


More Spiderman cake and smiles.


A game of Batman Memory with the fam...


And footie pajamas to finish the day off right.  :)

We had a wonderful time celebrating our Connor this year.  Hope you enjoyed the highlights.  Connor is a joy, a sweet little soul who is one amazingly considerate little fella.  He is caring and tenderhearted and will never hesitate to tell you he loves his family.  He is also very protective of every member of his family.  He is kind, all go and has been described as a bull in a china shop...  He loves to tell stories and will even acknowledge that he "sometimes makes stories up" but will often look at you with those big brown eyes and say, "I'm not kidding!"  What a cutie, our little Connorbug.  :)  Makes a mama's heart so full.

No comments: