Friday, September 20, 2013

She's One...


It is so hard to believe that my darling little girl is one already.  Me dear friend, Lucia, called her a "toddler" today...guess it's true...but she will always be my baby in more ways than one.  Oh how this past year has flown... in some ways.  I can honestly reflect over her first year and say that I have loved almost every minute.  She is a true joy.  Our Lindsay Jane was born, a light into this world, on a dark day in our nation's history.  She has been nothing but a reminder to me and many others, of the blessings our Lord has to offer us.  I am so very grateful for her life and am amazed at the love I have for my third little one...

We had a great party to celebrate her life.  I will share the pictures my sister took.  What a blessing it was to have Karen there to take pictures so I didn't have to worry about it.  She is so great at capturing the good ones too.  She also did a photo shoot after her nap...which is where the top picture came from.  I couldn't love it more.


Yay, Harris Teeter!! Totally off script, Harris Teeter bakers never disappoint!


We welcomed little Cole and Moo and B with big smiles.  We are so very thankful for our family and the blessings this year has brought in bringing us a new little nephew.


Lindsay Jane enjoying some giggles with mommy and Nanny.


Lindsay was a little cranky and thankfully Miss Kim was there.  She is the only person aside from Stan that Lindsay will go to without crying except me.  Lindsay took a few little walks with Miss Kim while mommy got a drink and greeted more guests.  We love Miss Kim and I cannot list the ways she has helped me out with Lindsay Jane.  Kim is a part of our family.  Kim is truly an amazingly giving and serving spirit.  She is a treasure.


I found these Minnie balls at Harris Teeter for .70 each in the bargain bin!  SO fun and Lindsay Jane loved rolling them around!


My dear friend, Ryan, putting our swing set to great use during the party!


Lindsay stealing away to practice her new climbing skills...


Mommom, Tamara and Baby Geneva posed for a sweet picture.  We were so thankful to have Lindsay Jane's only girl cousin here to celebrate!


Pop and Zaiya took inventory on the party favors.


Time for cake.  Ummmm.  Let's see about this.  I am not so sure, says Lindsay Jane.


You try it mommy!


EWWWWWW!  For a girl who is always smiling...this is hilarious.  Maybe she doesn't have a sweet tooth.


Or, maybe she was tired...yep...it was her party and she lasted an hour and a half and went straight down for a nap after this picture.  :)


But, the party continued and these little Minnie's loved the cake!


Such dear friends came and I got a change to catch up.  Jim and Virginia have 4 grown daughters and are Stan and I's inspiration.  They are the kind of parents we want to be and very dear dear friends.




Bouncy House did not disappoint.  Does it ever?


Bubbles with sweet sweet Stacey!  Stacey is our playgroup mommy and rock for everyone, a favorite of Kaeden's for sure.  Stacey has a heart of gold and wisdom that amazes me.  Having her in my life in raising my children is such a blessing.  She points me to Christ.


Uncle John even made it from across the ocean!  What a gift to have him here!


Sweet Lucia and baby Ethan, who won't be a baby too much longer either!  What a precious pair these two are.  Lucia is one of my sweet sisters in my mommy group. A pillar of strength and patience, a calming presence that has eased my hardest of mommy days.


Ursula and I, having a chance to catch up on Woods Charter School events (where our kiddos were blessed enough to get in!) and share in the joy of the day.  She is such a special friend, another sweet sister in my mommy group. What a presence she has, one that exudes grace and that of the quintessential mother.


And, we had tattoos!  A big thanks to Tori and Katie who came out after Tori had surgery, and helped with this "station".  Tori and Katie love my kids and have helped me in amazing ways since Lindsay came along and before.  It is hard to list all of the ways they have been a blessing.
 

Annie and Erin also came to help!  Erin is another of my kids' favorite sitters and fortunately for us, she lives right behind us!  She brought another sweet friend of our, Annie, over to help man the kids.  Boy, that was a smart mommy move!!  I guess you learn after three kids that you DO need help.  :)


Baylie, the tattoo artist, making her mama proud...



My "pinteresty" party favors...  Oh, how fun it was making these!


Janise and me with our Minnie ears. I just love this picture and really think it is one for the books.  A true picture of mommyhood  with a dear sister on the same journey.  Don't know what I would do without her, as she relates to me on so many levels with the energy of our children (that I am not sure who they get it from)!!!


And, Ryan, yet another mommy group treasure.  Little Courtney, her youngest, was not exactly posing for the picture...  Ahhh...the life of a momma.  Ryan has been my post partum cheerleader.  She is such a sensitive and affirming friend, I have been so blessed with the best of friends...


Me and my sibs.  Had to take one for our mama.  Hard to believe that the three of us where all together similar ages as my three, charming and challenging my parents together.  Love these guys!


I just love this picture of Landon and I.  Look at how much he has grown.  I cannot believe he is 6 years old, doing homework, going to school every day away from me and thriving.  He has grown into such a cool little person.  I treasure him and love that sweet little face.  He just loves his little sister too, and never hesitates to take the credit for her life, saying, "You know, I am the one that prayed that we would have another baby...but I did ask for another brother...but I am glad God gave us Lindsay Jane..."


Me and Sarah, raising these crazy neighborhood kiddos together.  Having Holt and Sarah and neighbors has been such a sweet blessing from God.  Our kids and their kids are the same ages and just the best of friends...and also sort of like siblings at times... Sarah has been such a breath of fresh air on so many of those hard mommy days...she is there for me with a late afternoon chat and coffee when I need it most!


Amazingly, I got Connorbug to smile for a picture with his mama.  My sweet Connor has been a 3 year old for almost a year.  Three is just a hard hard age for me.  Of course, both times I have had a 3 year old, I have also had a new baby.  I think it is hard because they really want their own independence and also start to identify more with the same sex parent.  Not needing mommy as much, calling me "mom" and wanting to be in Stan's shadow has been hard for this tenderhearted mama.  He still looks at me with those big brown eyes and says, "Mommy, I just love you so much..."  I treasure this little buddy.


Lindsay Jane had to open gifts, after the party...and this is the only one she opened the day of... (more to follow on facebook)


Pop and Mommom got her her very first tea set and the book "A Bargain for Frances".  Lindsay was so sweet and genuinely very thrilled with her gift.


She even posed for a sweet picture with Pop and Mommom.  I love this shot.


Karen's photo shoot followed, so I will just put these two out there...as teasers.  I have to let the expert do her amazing editing and work.  You will see them later.  I just love this picture.  My sweet family.  I am so blessed.


My little baby girl.  How I love you and treasure you.  I am forever grateful to God for bringing you into my life and heart.  Never will you fully know my love for you, until that precious day when you have a sweet baby of your own.  Happy Birthday my sweet one.

No comments: