Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Maternity Leave Reflections


I really can't believe it is time for me to write this post.  I also cannot believe my sweet baby girl is 12 weeks old and that she is still sleeping at 8:00am!  Here goes...tears and all...

The above picture was taken when we finally welcomed Lindsay Jane into the world at 8:22am on September 11th, 2012.  The joy felt in this picture is still very present in my heart as I reflect on the birth of my precious daughter.


Can you see my joy?  When else would you share a picture after labor without makeup and a bed head? :)  I could have stopped that morning to put on makeup and I considered it.  But the consideration lasted for about one minute and I wanted to hold my baby girl, tears streaming down my face...mascara would never have lasted.


Lindsay was "sunning" after her bath.  Very content and perfect.  Sweet baby girl.


We got to the post partum room and Daddy finally got to hold his daughter.  Love at first sight.


Getting ready to go home, we had to take a picture of her sweet sleeping face.


Welcome home baby girl.


My Connorbug was enamored from the very beginning.


Three kids...ok, let's do this.


Connor had a little adjusting to do...


Getting to know baby Lindsay Jane.


Daddy with his three little ones.  Such a sweet picture.


Hard to believe, but our Lindsay Jane started smiling at 2 weeks.  I got the picture for proof. :)  And, guess who her first real smile was at...


While on maternity leave and waiting for my little girl to arrive, I got to really be a part of Landon starting Kindergarten. It was an adjustment and has been for us all.  He was so excited and I was thrilled to be able to take him, picking him up, follow the bus to school the first time he rode, be present in this huge transition for my big boy, my first sweet baby boy.  It was a huge blessing to share in this precious time for Landon and I do think it made a big difference for him.  Though I was uncomfortable as my 3rd baby was 8 days late, God's timing was perfect as always.  Thank you Lord for allowing Landon and I the bonding time together in this huge transition in our lives!


I also got to celebrate my Connor's 3rd birthday!  I spent the whole day on his birthday with him.  We played at home, went to Build a Bear with his favorite little friend, Anna and had cupcakes for lunch and dinner.  We also hosted our playgroup and had a Go Diego Go birthday party with our friends!  Then, we had the family over and celebrated again!  Whew!  Can you tell we are thankful for this precious little boy?


My very talented sister came and took newborn pictures of my girl.  Can you believe this?  My sister has a natural gift...obviously...and is for hire (let me know).  We had a blast getting these done and if she will oblige me, this won't be our last shoot...


I also just love this one.  Sweet sweet baby girl.


This one is my style...I'd say Karen is the photographer, eh? :)


Siblings bonding...


So funny, these pictures are almost identical.  I could not get the boys to stop laughing, so their eyes were closed in every picture I took!


Lindsay's first Halloween.  What a smiler.  I love that face!


She even smiles when she sleeps.  My little pumpkin.


Another Karen credit...


Lindsay Jane has been such a sweet baby.  She has come with mommy everywhere.  This picture was taken at the mall when Stan took his second week of paternity leave the first week in November.  This is how she is about 95% of the time.  I am still pinching myself at her good nature.  She is an absolute joy to be around. You just have to smile at her and this is what you get.  It is great medicine for a mama.


Time for her first Christmas pictures!


My dear friends even love to photograph her.  I love this picture.  She was talking to me in it.  Cooing and laughing.


Another shot of her smiling at mama.


And, one of my very favorites of Lindsay Jane to date.  This picture sums up my little girl.  She is happy.  She is well adjusted.  She is a joy bringer. She is a gift to our family.  After trying to conceive her for longer than both boys and having opened my hands to the Lord, willing to accept not having a 3rd baby...He really has amazed me with his perfect plan in creating this little girl.  No. one. else. God had planned for Lindsay Jane to be in this world, in this family, in my arms and I am so grateful for his plan.  I am so thankful for the maternity leave that I have had.  I would trade it for nothing.  I sit here, reflecting on the past 12 weeks and I am overflowing with joy and gratitude to my Heavenly Father.

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him"  1 Samuel 1:27

Please pray for me next week as I go back to work.  I am continuing my part time job at the NC Children's Hospital in the Pediatric GI Clinic with the most supportive group of co-workers I have ever had.  I feel so blessed to be able to work part time, especially in this type of environment.  It took a while to get to where I could say this about work, but again, God works all things out in perfect time.  Mondays and Wednesdays I will be at work taking care of other people's babies and home with mine the other 5 days a week.  What a blessing...

No comments: