Thursday, December 20, 2012

Preparing for Christmas



The boys made their annual gingerbread house this year.  They were not very cooperative in actually giving me sweet little smiles, they had to be boys.  :)


Nanny and Daddy sharing a moment with our sweet little Christmas angel.


Well...Jimmy has been here this year, helping to keep track of the boys' behavior.  He has had little to no effect.  Santa even sent a note through Jimmy to warn the boys about their behavior, but that did not seem to phase them.  I try to remember, it's December, there are sweets and wrapped goodies everywhere and they are only 3 and 5 and they are BOYS!  Grace...extend grace...  


My niece, Geneva Laurel, arrived on December 3rd.  She is so very precious and we are excited for her first Christmas as well!  We can't wait to watch she and Lindsay Jane grow up together!


You got it, chaos...This is what my kitchen generally looks like, especially when preparing for Christmas!


We went on our annual trip to the Santa Train with the Smiths.  We had a blast and I just love this sweet little picture.  They are just the best of friends.  It makes my heart so happy.


Our family of 5!


Getting some Connorbug snuggles in...  Love this boy!


The four musketeers!


We enjoyed Polar Express one Saturday morning with hot chocolate and cookies, a la Lucia, my dear friend who is the best baker I know!


Connor and I made Gingerbread men.  Connor made, Pop, Mommom and Connorbug.  
They were so fun to make and very yummy too!


Yes, she hasn't missed many meals...Here is our Lindsay Jane on her 3 month birthday!


Here is her precious little smile.  I have had two people tell me that you just can't help but to smile back at her...isn't it true?  I just love this face.


Connor climbed into Lindsay Jane's hamper and was playing peek a boo.  It's the little things. :)


Happy Siblings!


After I went back to work, I decided a good thing to do was to go see Santa Claus. 
 Here we are waiting to see Santa!  What a fun time!


We made reindeer antlers at playgroup.


Kaeden was especially fond of his...


I love this one!  Connor and Emelia are just too cute!


I have attempted to teach my boys about Advent this year.  It really has been a challenge in the setting of their *ridiculous* behavior.  I mean, "I am seriously considering getting a taser"...kind of behavior.  You can see that the candles are crocked...the boys cannot keep their hands off of them.  I think it is a fire hazard at this point but I am still trying.  Even while they have their cheeks ready to blow out the candles (see Landon's face in this one), they pull out the greenery, they pull out the candles and they taunt each other by making faces...I read about Advent.  In the chaos of my home, it is a nice reminder that God's peace is ever present.  Even when we have distractions on every side of us, taking those few moments really do amazingly bring such peace.  I hate that I don't have the energy for it every morning.  Sometimes I just don't want to say the same thing for the 80 billionth time...  But, when I do, it is totally worth it.  Hopefully my kids are retaining something.  :)


They do like to color, so here we are, spending some time together by the tree, coloring Angry Birds.


I think we are about as ready as a family of five with a 5, 3, and 3 month old can be!  We have got family to see, presents to wrap, stories to read and a birthday party for Jesus ahead!! 

One thing we have been pondering this year is this, What are we going to give Jesus for His birthday?  I've been talking to the boys about what Jesus would want as a gift.  A warm smile to a stranger, an unexpected hug to a friend, a random act of kindness, a donation to a worthy cause, a kind word to your brother, a quiet time spent with Him.  In this time of reflection and also news of such sadness in this nation, take a minute to make a positive difference.  There really are a lot of good people and good things in this world.

No comments: