Well, we finally did it! We put the boys in the same room together in bunk beds! Thanks to Nanny's generous purchase, Uncle B's hard work in helping Stan with assembly and Aunt Moo's help with manning the boys for the day, we have had the bunk beds up for almost a week now! Let the nesting begin!
Aunt Moo got up on the top bunk for me and put Landon's new Angry Birds sheets and comforter. Very nice since I think a pregnant lady on the top bunk would have been a sight.
Moo found Garfield, her little kindred spirit and especially loves that her little nephew, Connorbug, sleeps with him every night. Anna came and helped me with the boys at the pool, helped me sort toys when I got in a nesting mode, took bags to Goodwill for me and put Landon's sheets and comforter on the bed. She was such a trooper and we are so thrilled that she and Uncle B live in Durham again!! Yay! We even got to go out to eat with them that night to celebrate Stan's birthday.
Big hug for Uncle B!!!
Two happy little boys! They slept in their bunk beds for 6 nights in a row like champs...and of course, tonight, the night I finally get to BLOG about this big milestone and Stan is out of town, they caused such a ruckus (esp. the elder of the two) that I had to separate them. I hated it...Landon was furious, starting ramping up as usual. Connor said, "I sorry, Mommy." My, those two... are SO different...Both precious gifts from God, both creations of God, one simply easier to parents, but both equally loved...
The next milestone was Stan's 33rd Birthday. Mommy and Landon made a delicious double layered cake that I must say turned out quite well...chocolate fudge for our chocolate loving birthday boy!!
Stan blowing out the candles that were left after Connor and Landon each had taken a turn.
Landon love sweets, so so much, esp. his daddy's birthday cake. He asked me this Thursday if Daddy's birthday was tomorrow... :)
Connor is also a chocolate lover. I think I let it slide this night that he didn't have a "No Thank You" bite of homemade macaroni and cheese. What?
Landon was thrilled that I gave in to he and Connor's request to get their Daddy a piniata with super heroes on it...I also let them pick their favorite candies. :)
And, I let him sample his favorite candy...
Very purposefully filling the piniata.
Daddy's spread of totally boy gifts.
Boys will be boys...making wild animals out of tissue paper...and I wonder where the little boys get it!!
Daddy got 3 squirt guns, one for each boy...
Also, an Angry Bird shirt that they said was Daddy- the Angry Bird had ear phones in and they likened that to "Daddy at work". So cute.
Landon explaining what he drew in Daddy's card.
Time for the piniata...
And, a big candy free for all...
I absolutely LOVE the pure joy on this face.
Well, there is the update on the 2 Milestones from last week. Hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment