Thursday was "friend day" where we all invited friends. Above, you can see Connor, Landon and the little friend they made, Peter. They were staying just down the beach from us and the boys had a blast squirting each other with their water guns.
Connor loved laying on the boogie board and letting the waves carry him- just at the edge where he moved ever so slightly. He would have laid there for hours.
Kelly, Kevin and Olivia arrived on Thursday evening and you can see above that Stan and Kevin were showing off their "guns" when I tried to get a picture of them being good daddies digging a hole for the kiddos. Boys...they are the same at any age.
Me and Kel. What a great precious friendship we share. It was such a gift to have her there and to be able to catch up to a point where we had told each other everything we could think of. :) Ice cream, walks, comparing notes on God's plans, child rearing and experiences in the working world of health care were some of our topics... :)
I love pictures like this. All the kids just went down to sit beside Kevin. What a moment.
Landon and Olivia, little soul mates. I asked Landon what his favorite part of the beach trip was and he grinned and said, "Playing with Olivia". This boy of mine is one little ladies man!
He may have to fight off his brother for Olivia though...
Landon and Peter got buried in the sand by Peter's dad. They were loving it!!
Digging in the sand is serious business...
My favorite shot of Kelly and Liv. What a precious pair.
Landon and Liv trying their best to smile despite the sun being right in their eyes..."Come on Mom!!!"
More fun with the water pool daddy created and then was taking down at this point. They were impressed.
Nanny's friend, EB, also came for the day and caught this flounder. The boys were super thrilled to hold this fish and have talked about it since then. It was super sweet of EB to let them hold the fish and also cook us a delicious meal of steamed shrimp, fried flounder and hush puppies!! Yummy!
We arrived home on Saturday, just in time to unpack, mow the lawn and get dressed for my dear friend, Crystal's wedding party. Little Lindsay is making quite an appearance these days!! I am 28 weeks already. So hard to believe!
We had a wonderful beach trip and I will say, very bonding for Stan and I. When you are on vacation with children, you fast realize what a self-sacrificing time of your life you are in. I also very quickly realize how blessed I am to have such a wonderful partner in this journey. Stan and I traded off time with with kids, giving each other time to exercise and nap, as well as sleep in in the mornings when Connor continued to get up at 6:00am or earlier every day we were there. When other things in this life just don't seem right, all I have to do is look at this man (who I have been married to for 10 years August 3rd this year!), our healthy boys and girl on the way and know how richly I have been blessed. Thank you God for my family and the chance to spend such quality time together.
1 comment:
Landon better remember that he is set to marry Sophia! She is quite determined that they are to be together! :) Glad you guys had such a good trip as a family! You look beautiful in that dress for the wedding! :) Love you!
Post a Comment