Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Regrets

I read my devotional for today which is from a book called, Jesus Calling. It is written as if Jesus were talking directly to you. "Though I pour out my blessings upon you always, some of my richest blessings have to be actively sought." This phrase really struck me. It is so true. Jesus blesses me daily in such BIG ways but how I chose to enjoy and treat those blessings really is up to me.

I thought about this in light of being a mom. I have been given two healthy, active, precious little boys to take care of and one growing inside me. These gifts are precious in and of themselves, but how I chose to treat and enjoy them really is up to me...

I have often fought the mommy battle of work/life balance, time with children, time with husband, time with self (what?). It is when I DO actually actively seek ways to enjoy my boys where my richest times as a mom have been found. It is not in the "voices of the world that are a cacophony of chaos, pulling me this way and that". I am choosing to have no regrets, to enjoy my boys and to laugh at the times when I find a snot trail on my black sweater while giving a presentation, a mess in the floor from a 2 year old trying his best to change his own diaper, a less than perfect house, the liberal application of the 5 second rule which can turn into a 10 second rule, less sleep, less time for me and feeling a little frayed from time to time. Let my role as a mother be ACTIVE.

Connor enjoying molasses, butter and biscuits!

Connor having his treatment with Garfield.

Tub fun with paint!

Looking very serious about this tub art!

If you can't see it, Connor has an S on his belly, he is pretending to be Superman!

Brothers...

My boys getting ready for pajama play day!

A precious moment, caught.

A forever memorable trip to Franklin Street to visit mommy's Alma mater. So special to me. I absolutely adore this picture.

The boys posing on Franklin Street.

Yummy, they now have Sweet FROG Yogurt!!

Me and my little Tarheels!

Taking time out to take Connor to the park for some mommy and me time. Look at that face!

What a climber, and has been since day 1!

I adore this picture. That smile says it all. Active involvement in these precious children are the richest blessings of all. Thanks be to God for the insight today and the gift of Landon, Connor and baby Cole and of course, Daddy Stan.

1 comment:

Anna Bowland said...

I love the Garfield picture and the ones on Franklin! Glad you had fun (and are introducing the boys to all things UNC :)