It's been a while since I posted...Things have been nuts! I have been trying to get adjusted to a new schedule at work, we have been putting out mulch and trying to keep up with our yard, Landon has had his Kindergarten Observation, we found out we are having a GIRL!, I was rear-ended in our mini-van and we are waiting to hear whether our van was totaled or not, the boys have been especially good at antagonizing one another and Stan had an on-call weekend where he literally worked ALL weekend. Whew....now I don't feel so bad about not posting.
Because of the significance of Easter, I decided to make a post happen today. It also helps me to unwind and reflect on the blessings in my life. Our boys are growing up so fast, it is harder to believe by the day. Our Lord, Jesus Christ rose from the dead on Easter Day and what a reminder of the gift we have in and through HIM as I count my blessings...

The boys and I enjoyed an annual tradition with our dear neighbors. We made bunny cakes with JD and Anna. Obviously, the boys had a blast!

I am blessed with these two precious little fellas.

I am blessed to have such spectacular neighbors who journey through this life with Stan and I as fellow parents trying to instill Christian values in our precious little ones.

YUMMY!

Speaking of spectacular neighbors...we also had our annual Resurrection Easter Egg hung which Sarah led. This Easter egg hunt teaches the kids all about Christ's resurrection through symbols and passages from the Scripture. What a blessing to be able to share in our kids' faith journeys and spiritual development.

Connorbug was a little grumpy after nap time, so he got some good snuggle time in with his daddy-o (another huge blessing in my life!).

After the Resurrection Easter egg hunt, we had a candy filled hunt. Connor and Lily we are two as two can be- which totally brought Connor around!! He loves playing with Lily and Anna.

Landon getting ready to grab an egg!

Connor and Lily stopping to devour ALL of their candy. :) Good thing two year olds don't have a long attention span and therefore do not even get many eggs before their curiosity of the contents takes over.

Happy Hunter!

Easter Morning! Connor's big gift was a batcave for batman! I opted out of more candy and chocolate this year and got this entertaining toy- which unfortunately brought Landon to tears when he first saw it, saying..."That is my favorite..." as he pushed his marble set aside...

Connor loved opening his eggs and enjoying candy corns...yes, I still had some from Halloween. I figured, it's just sugar, won't matter it's 5 months old!! The boys thought it was so cool!

Landon was super pleased about his sports eggs.

Landon's marble set finally made the grade. Landon decided it was cool, after all...
Landon also left his cross necklace that he got at church out for the Easter Bunny this year. He said he wanted the Easter Bunny to know the real meaning of Easter. I tell you...that boy may just grow up to be a minister or something. That is a true blessing right there, having your five year old be so mature for his age in his faith. I catch him evangelizing to his little friends all the time. I love it, he has no shame about his belief in Jesus and wants to share him with everyone. The childlike faith is truly something to behold and challenge me as an adult.

Our annual family picture by the cross at our church, another huge blessing in our lives. We are so very grateful for the love and support of our wonderful church family. It is hard to put into words how very blessed we are, especially when we didn't even mention the wonderful family and friends who also surround and support us!!
Happy Easter and take a minute to reflect on your blessings. It brightens my mood every single time, hopefully it will yours too.
2 comments:
Enjoyed seeing you guys today, glad we were able to be a part of your day!
congratulations on finding out you are having a girl! Such an amazing blessing. Miss you.
Post a Comment