Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grandparents' Love and God's Timing

Landon and Connor stayed with my parents while we floated the New River last weekend. Mom and dad were so kind to take our boys for the whole weekend and just showered them with so much love and attention that Landon did not want to come home! I had to share some pictures of their fun with Mommom and Pop.

Above, Landon is sitting in the pool portion of the slip n slide, soaking up as much cool water as possible in the 105 degree heat. Mom and dad only had the boys out for 30 minutes at a time and made the very most of those 30 minutes!!

Landon got lots of Lewis stories with his Pop. My dad is so great with him and it is such a gift for my parents to love spending time with my boys. I love this picture!!

More outdoor fun! Boys need to run!

My Connor has become quite the artist. He has been loving to sit and color- on the paper, table, himself...I am waiting for the wall. He is talking in 4 word sentences and amazing us all daily. Yep, I think he is pretty smart and pretty cool. I love my Connorbug. :)

My Landon! What a little ham. He had his first jacuzzi with Pop who "covered up his "boypart" with bubbles" for this picture to be taken. :) This was the first thing he told be about his jacuzzi with my dad, except he did not use the term, "boypart" :).

He is growing up so much and has really started to become a little boy. In one short year my baby will be going to Kindergarten. I know that the time is coming and I can see that it will be a good thing for him. He is very expressive, creative and has a memory that astounds me daily. You bet I am proud of this young man, especially when I see him sharing, laughing and playing with his little brother who he once wanted to stuff back into my uterus!! :)

BLOG writing has not been at the top of my priority list these past few months. I really enjoy it and know that it helps me to gather my thoughts and make some sense out of them. Therein lies the problem, my thoughts haven't really been making all that much sense lately.

I am in a time of many potential (positive) changes, none of which are happening quite in the time frame I have been hoping for. The awesome thing about this: God's timing is most certainly better than mine. That is true and that is what I am hanging my hope on. But, it does make for a lot of "incomplete cycles", as my dad would say.

I am so blessed to have two very healthy and boisterous boys. They are growing, thriving, loving this life. They are learning. Landon in particular has been learning a lot about heaven. I think it has really increased the opportunity for us to talk about heaven and Jesus since LD died. Landon often asks, "Does Pappa have wings in heaven? Will Pappa run to me when he sees me in heaven one day? How do we get to heaven?" And the list goes on...

It is moments when I am able to share quiet reflective time with Landon where he opens up and asks me about faith, Jesus, heaven and God when I am reminded of the importance of my role as a mother- here and now. There is just a lot of pressure out there in the world to achieve success by the world's standards.

I read something today in my devotional about using the gifts God has given us for his glory. When will I start doing that? When will I be able to look at all of the things I have been blessed with and use them to return thanks and blessings to my Heavenly Father on a daily basis?

I guess I was reminded today that I have been given two precious boys to mother and what greater way to bring honor and glory to God than to share the truth of his love for us with my children. Though it may seem simple and not always something one can plan like a trip to the museum, it is God's work and I am so blessed to be a part of it.

God, help me to trust in your timing.

No comments: