
This year my whole family got together for the fourth to celebrate my brother, who is leaving for Rota, Spain in 1 week for an assignment with the Navy. We are so proud of him. It is so hard to believe he is my little buddy...all grown up.

The boys and I took advantage of our time and stopped to see Pa Cole on the way to the cabin. I really felt like it made his day. He is just a breath of fresh air for me. His perspective is really inspiring to me and he always treats me as if I truly were his granddaughter. It was particularly important to see Pa Cole as the one year anniversary of losing LD is this month. I really want my boys to know as much about their Pappa as they possibly can and what better way than through their dad and great-grandfather. Landon was a trooper, even smiling for a picture.

Connor was a wiggly 20 month old...as you can see, Pa Cole didn't mind. He did raise two Cole boys himself!!

The boys really bonded with John from the start. I am so proud of my brother and the effort he has made to have a strong relationship with my boys even if he hasn't gotten to see them much.

I got a chance to bond with my little Zaiya. I just love this little face. He is so precious and we had a great time giggling, playing and dancing.

Mom and dad wanted to go down to the lake...Connor was not digging it.

Landon did great, though! He went out with Pop and was quite a big boy!

Connor did do a little better once he saw Landon. Anything Landon does, seems to be ok with Connor. What a sweet bond Connor and Landon already have.

Landon really wanted to fish with Uncle John. John was so patient. He let Landon watch and even took him off by himself where it was more quiet and they had a better chance of catching a fish. Still no luck, but what a sweet gesture. Landon was thrilled.

Karen and Zaiya in the lake. This girl is one fantastic Tahti and an even better mommy. I am SO proud of her!

And...Nanny came!! Landon was so excited to report that all of his grandparents were at the cabin. He is so proud of each one. Kay came to see the boys and also support my brother. We actually had a chance to sit and talk while the boys were occupied. It was a nice chance to catch up and it meant so much to me that she would come and spend time with me and the boys and my family. Stan was on a camping trip with all the Cole men, so he wasn't even there! I sure hope my future daughter and laws and I can be as close as Kay and I are.

Here she is, stamping water in the bottom of a cardboard box with the boys. She is such a great Nanny...

Landon was quite the mischievous one...he was throwing water balloons at Pop, squirting me and Tahti with the water gun and even sneaked up on Marc, who was relaxing and got him GOOD!

Look at that face! VICTORY!

Connor was loving as usual and wanted to hold Zaiya's hand. Seeing these two grow up together is just so so sweet.

One of the only pictures of the three boys...but I love it.

Here's another. Of course, I am not sure it really counts because Zaiya and Connor are strapped in!

And...there were bugs. My oh my, boys and their bugs. If you look really close to Landon just to his left, you will see a green bug. It was a Cicada, and they were in full force in the mountains!

I really tried to get a picture of the boys holding their American Flags for the fourth, but they are just too busy. Here is my sweet Connor bug and the best true 4th picture I got. Hope you enjoy.
So, despite no air conditioning (much to my dad's chagrin) we had a wonderful weekend. It is such a joy to watch my parents really love on my boys. They are wonderful with them and take the time to really get to know their personalities and the things that really make each one of them unique. We really missed Stan, but he was where he needed to be. He was making memories and also sharing memories of his dad with all the Cole boys. Who knows, next year, Landon may join them. I cannot believe he is going on 5. Where, oh where, does the time go?
3 comments:
kristen, i love your blog! so glad you posted the link from FB. having only read this first post, i can already say what an inspiration you are as a mother. i look forward to reading much more. i have a blog too (jandshea.blogspot.com), but have a looooong way to go if i have any hopes of being nearly as inspiring as you!) it's a gift! thank you for sharing it!!! love you always!
Love you, sis!
LOL I would just like to point out that Connor and Zaiya are only 3 MONTHS apart. :) LOL Cannot believe it. Love the one of them holding hands and the pic of Connor and Landon feet kissing w/Mom and Dad in the Lake! Great post, sis!!!
Post a Comment