
We just got back from our annual beach trip with Mike, Allison and Caroline (and baby Nicholas). We had a lot of time for relaxation, bonding with both boys and our friends and even a trip to the NC Aquarium (Landon's favorite place on earth).
I always love pictures like the one above. The ocean seems to affect the kids just like it affects me, it can be so captivating, so calming...these two just sat and ran their fingers through the sand just as content as could be.

Our little alarm clocks...

And, the dump trucks made it to the beach. I tell you what, these trucks have been the best 20.00 I have spent!!!

My sweet baby boy. He was more eager to try out the water this trip, but still preferred my hip. :)

I can't believe they actually sat here long enough for me to snap this picture. Landon and Caroline did a good job of putting up with the little fella.

More dump truck games...

And...the infamous t-shirts for Mike and Stan. This year I didn't get the one of their new shirts, that says "McStud". These two are like two peas in a pod when it comes to being ridiculous...

Best buds.

They both rode their first "roller coaster". Landon was such a little trooper, I was so proud of him! He is really gaining confidence and got on this ride without hesitation.

He also climbed up this slide house (called Spiderman) all by himself, twice!! Caroline didn't want to get on it and adults could not go, so he did it all by himself. I was so proud!

Caroline and Landon actually gave me a few smiles...of course this one I think came from being able to squirt me!!

This one because I gave them ice cream after lunch....yeah, I'm not above bribery.

Allison was showing Connor the crocodile in this picture. He was HUGE! I cannot believe that Connor wasn't scared.

And, the best family photo we got...Life with two boys equals very few good family photos. :) But, I guess, it depends on your definition of "good"... What a wonderful time we had, as usual. What a blessing it is to have friends that are like family that we can share this life with.
No comments:
Post a Comment