
It's been a longer time between updates on my BLOG, my space to reflect. I am not gonna lie...these boys are wearing me out. The intensity of raising two little testosterone driven machines has etched up several notches in the past month or so. My sweet Connor pictures above in one of my very favorite pictures of him, has become a 2 year old. At 20 months, I know I should have been prepared, but Landon really didn't start tantruming (and when he started, boy did he start) until he was about 27 months- funny how that is something you don't forget. This change is so crazy, it is like a light switch. One day, sweet baby, next day, tantruming toddler screaming NO in your face. :(
So, God is once again pruning ME. I cannot believe how much I thought I had it together, how much patience I embodied...before children. God is showing me minute by minute that I have to completely rely and depend upon him, especially since these two precious boys are depending on me. God help me to raise these boys with integrity!! It is hard work!!
Well, there it is, in the raw...the reason I haven't updated sooner is because I have been keeping Connor from hurting himself or his brother, breaking up fights, sweeping the floor at least 10 times a day, washing many loads of laundry as the weather proves unbearably hot here in NC, teaching VBS in the midst, trying to keep my plants alive, trying to complete my online driving course which is totally driving me nuts, celebrating fathers Day and Stan's birthday in the same week and have less and less time to myself as Landon no longer naps...oh yeah, and I am still working! :) Even now I am doing the "unthinkable" as I allow my boys to watch one more episode of Curious George while I spend some time reflecting and typing...well, here is Connor climbing on top of me, whining and trying to squeeze me out of my chair...Thank you God for these precious lives, help me to honor you in all of my actions and especially all of my thoughts!
Here are a few highlights from our past few weeks...

My boys love to play with Sophia and Emelia. Here the kids (in 2 minutes flat) completely destroyed Janise's living room, turning it into a mardi gras party complete with beads that decorated not only the kids, but the animals too!

Connor got a chance to push around the baby carriage. He was very intent. I love all of his beads!

And, you can't keep boys away from worms for too long. Just as he can sit and play with beads and dolls, he can switch and pick up worms with the best of them. Here he was using the magnifying glass I bought him. He loves worms and calls them "SNNNNNAKE".

Landon was, of course, thrilled.

Here are the boys checking out their creatures.

Connor started his first day of daycare....and might I add, has done exceptionally well! We are so proud of our sweet little guy. He is melting hearts, left and right.

This one melts my heart...complete with a baby face and Lightning McQueen book bag just like his big brother.

We have had movie night...complete with popcorn for Connor for the first time. The boys had a blast watching Veggie Tales.

Connor and I have ridden the train at the museum, meeting up with some of our favorite museum buddies. We had a great time dancing, riding the train, banging on pots, playing with dump trucks and catching up with Erica and Jameson.

And, last...this is really how Connor should be walking around everywhere. He really wanted to wear his brother's helmet while checking out the ants on the pavement. Glad he was protecting himself from those ginormous creatures!!
Well, gotta run, Connor is screaming in my ear! Love to all.
2 comments:
I love that you are so honest on here! I feel the same way every day and mine are only 5 months old! Girl, I don't know how you do it, but can you please share some insights super mom? Love you!
Super mommy indeed! Hang in there and remember that this too shall pass. Enjoy the good times and let your mind forget the bad. All my love and support coming your way.
Post a Comment