Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Letters


Dearest Stan,
I couldn't have imagined a more loving, wonderful, faithful, caring spouse. You complete me, you bring me joy, you point me to Christ, you encourage me. You are a wonderful provider and protector of our family. You are a rock through the tough times. You help me keep my perspective. Your priorities are in the right order. You are giving and kind. You have a great sense of humor. You are a fantastic father. You are the love of my life. I am truly humbled at the gift God has given me in you.

Remember this picture? This was our very first anniversary we spent together as a married couple. Things have changed a lot in almost 8 years from this picture, but the love we shared then has only grown stronger. I am so honored to call you my husband.


Dearest Landon,
I just love you to pieces! You, my first baby, have changed my life so much. You have brought me joy, laughter, love like I have never known and a real connection with the love that God has for me. I love the way you giggle, they way you talk with such emotion and really share your feelings with me. I love our craft time. I love to see you play with your friends. I love to hear you pray. I am so proud of the big brother that you are. Connor is a lucky little guy to have you! I love our snuggles at bedtime while reading bedtime stories. I love the look in your eyes when you have a "secret" to tell me. I love your sweet tooth. I love watching you play trains, cars, Lightning McQueen and Toy Story- I love your imagination. I love you, little buddy, you are growing so fast. What a gift it is to be your mommy, I love you to the moon and back!

Dearest Connor,
Look at that sweet face. My how you have brightened our world, coming in as our second born, little buddy to Landon and 4th member of our family. It is amazing the love I have for you, unimaginable before you came, but second nature to me now. Any second born (or third, etc.) should know that a mother's love pours out to each of her children in immense measure, not one more than another. Your smile is absolutely heart-melting, your disposition so cuddly and your hugs simply are the best. I love to watch you read your books, pointing at the pictures and just talking all about it. I love to listen to your words explode, particularly when we are watching animals and making their sounds. I love to watch you melt into my arms, falling asleep with the most adorable peaceful grin. I love how you love me. You are such a precious gift to me, oh how very blessed I am to be your mommy.


More Valentine Fun...

Our dear friend, Kerri, helped Landon make cupcakes...and lick the batter! I am not sure who had more fun with this activity!!

Landon did his own Valentine's this year, writing his name and everything. My how big my little buddy is getting.

Landon got to make cookies with Sophia and our friend at playgroup on Friday. All the kids did a great job creating their own cookies. Landon's were completely done on his own as I was chasing Connor around the house trying to prevent him from getting himself hurt!! That boy is a climber!

"Look mom, a big blob of icing and lots of candy coated toppings!! Yummy!"

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and feel as loved as I do.

No comments: