This past week has been full of challenges, including a stomach bug, Stan being on call leaving me with both boys until after bedtime, a little bit of a "low" week for me and some other odds and ends. I decided that I would write today about why I am OK and why "I like me just the way I am."
I'm OK
- With Landon watching TV
- With Landon eating donuts
- With Landon wearing Buzz Light Year shirts everyday
- With Landon not being fully potty trained
- With a less than clean house and dust bunnies in plain view while I BLOG
- With letting my baby sleep in my arms
- With the fact that I am too busy to read about what to do when I miss the certain pill that I am on
- With having a glass of wine here and there
- With less than a "sleep routine" with my Connor
- With my style of parenting
- With me as a mom
- With not making my own baby food
- With working part time
- With admitting that I need help with this parenting thing
- With less than perfection
- With my faults
- With my car
- With my postpartum body
- With staying up late to exercise
- With taking time to smell the roses, letting Connor sleep in my arms, Landon sit on my lap and tell stories and talk with Stan on a regular basis while leaving some other things that I used to do undone
- With my boys not napping at the same time
- With driving an hour to work
- With being late most places I go now
- With me
3 comments:
Such a great post! We all should be more Ok with who we are. Somedays I feel like such a failure, but I couldn't ask for a better life! (ok, I could do without my husband raising chickens on my back deck, but that will be over soon!) ;) Love you!
Well said!
And I am more than OK, I am thrilled you are one of my closest friends who keeps me sane, who reminds me of the important things in life, who reminds me that we really don't need to try to be perfect as moms, and that the most important thing we can be doing for our kids is loving them and helping them love Jesus! You are awesome Kristen!!!! Love you and love, love, love this post!!!!
Post a Comment