Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NC Zoo and Connor is 6 months!


What an awesome day Landon and I had with Caroline and Allison on Monday! We went to the NC Zoo in Asheboro. The day was beautiful, the company was spectacular and the kids were on their very best behavior. It was a perfect day. Allison is my best friend from college. We have been through many many ups and downs together in this life. Her little girl, Caroline, is just a doll. It is so special to me to see the almost instant connection that Caroline and Landon have had since the beginning. It is almost like they just know...how special their mommies are to each other. Just as Allison and I are much like kindred spirits, so are these two.




Some moments at the zoo were quite interesting, I must say. We were introduced to chimpanzees and their crazy antics. Caroline and Landon were standing at the double Plexiglas window that separates the chimps from us. All of a sudden, without provoking I might add, a chimp thrust his entire body at the glass where they were standing! I picked my little buddy right up and held him. He was ok and said, "Mommy, that was a little bit scary." Followed by, "Mommy, that monkey was a little bit nuts!" Too funny. I must say, I was startled myself. I had no idea chimps were so aggressive!

Also, while visiting the Lions and talking about "Alex" from the movie Madagascar, we overhead a woman saying to her son, "Don't swing on the rail. You will fall in the cage and the lion will eat you. Lions eat little boys who don't listen to their mommies!" One word for that comment. Nice. Needless to say, we found another place to view the lion away from the lovely mother teaching her child all about the dangers of predators while Landon and I were happily waving to our "friend" Alex. You all know what followed. Landon asked, "Mommy will that lion eat me?" Aughhhhh- that woman!

In other news, my Connor turned 6 months old on Friday. I have always heard that time flies with the second and boy is that true! Connor weighed in at 19.3 pounds, 27 3/4 inches long. He is our 85th-90th percentile kid in all areas! It is just so crazy! He is sitting up really well, he is cooing like crazy, has dropped a nap and is sleeping through the night most nights! He has found that he loves to roll over on his stomach at night and sleep snuggled up with his little hippo (his raffie). I am so glad to have my video monitor as the belly sleeping is a little nerve racking... :)

Connor is a very happy baby who is also very content the majority of the time. He has a wonderful smile and is very good at giving hugs. He loves his babysitters, Kim and Candace. He loves to watch Landon and frequently laughs at him. He loves to dance with me, sit on my hip and simply be with me. It is awesome being his mother. I never imagined being able to love another child as much as I love my Landon. It was so hard to fathom. But, much to my delight, the love I have for my sweet Connor is just what it is for Landon. A mother's love is so unique. When I look at these two boys, it is so hard to believe that they lived inside me for 9 months and have always been a part of me. It is just amazing. I feel very blessed and grateful.

Connor with the little girls in our playgroup that are close to his age. We all turned around and saw the "next generation" of our kids playing- look how big Connor looks!

Connor snuggled up with his sweet sweet babysitter, Kim. I am going to have to watch this ladies' man! :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Seeing you and Allison makes me so sad I'm not living in NC - I miss my Carolina nursing girls! So glad that you continue to make time to spend with each other. Isn't friendship like that such a gift from God?