Monday, April 12, 2010

Beautifully Inadequate Me

New daisies planted this weekend.

Stan and I pre-kids at the beach 7 years ago! Hard to believe!

I read the greatest BLOG post a friend sent me this week. See this. I started thinking about it and it really resonated with how I have been feeling lately. My life has changed so much over the past 3 years. All for the better. All for two other human beings. What a huge gift it is that Stan and I have been given. How truly inadequate I feel so often. But, where do I find my strength and my "adequacy"?

I was challenged by the quote "Humility, selflessness, and freedom await us when we embrace our inadequacies and rest in the shadow of the Perfect One." How do I do that when my day starts at 5:00am and doesn't end? I stay in the presence of the Lord. I cry to HIM for mercy and to HIM for help. I ask HIM for patience. I keep my "gaze on the beauty of the Lord" (Psalm 27:4).

I believe it is totally awesome that God gives us these insights just when we need them most. Sometimes I feel alone in my feelings and I put a little (or big) wall up. I shut down. It is in those times when I realize that I am not allowing God to pick me up. How easy! Just let him do it, let him pick me up, let him guide me. I wave my surrender flag and lift my life as a mom up to the Lord. How better a way to raise his children, his beautiful gifts, Landon and Connor.

How beautiful my women friends are. How beautiful my flowers. How beautiful my husband and I's relationship. How beautiful our children. Today, I celebrate my beautiful inadequacies. I celebrate them because they are what makes me rely on my Heavenly Father.


Connor playing (and loving) the piano.

Stan calls him the smallest "fratboy" ever. :)

Landon fingerpainting.

Landon and his Easter "popsicle"- as he calls it. :)

Landon is SO glad it is spring!

3 comments:

Anna Bowland said...

What a great post. What beautiful little boys.

Janise said...

I love my beautifully inadequate friend and am so thankful to be sharing this journey with you! Thank you for sharing from your heart and encouraging my beautifully inadequate heart as well! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should screw the zoo and meet up alone to share our inadequate selves! I've decided that guilt is just a new feeling that I'm going to have everyday and I should just live with it...lol. You are one of the most AWESOME people I know, and, although I've never seen you live in action, I know you are one of the most incredible mothers I know! And, for the record, you and Stan don't look any different than you did in that photo - that says A LOT!!

Love ya!