Friday, December 18, 2009

Pre Christmas Fun!

SNOW! Landon was so thrilled! This photo was taken at our playgroup today. We all went outside and started running around with the kids in the snow. It was so delightful. Just watching their eyes and sheer amazement really struck me. So often I look out the window and think, "Oh, snow" and continue about my assorted things I "have" to get done. Seeing the kids playing in the snow made me stop and really look at it. It is amazing. It is beautiful. It is so special to be able to be in the moment, to be in this space of time. Isn't it great the things kids can teach us?

Landon and I also did a "first" today and made a gingerbread house. It was so much fun as I realized I needed to read directions and entertain 2 two year olds (we invited JD to help) while keeping them from eating the candy. SO....with two bowls of goldfish crackers, two cups of juice and two "BIG" trucks, we managed...for all of 10 minutes. You can see the house turned out to be quite interesting. Since I didn't read the directions ahead of time, I didn't realize I needed to let it dry for 30 minutes prior to putting the candy on...needless to say, the roof needed lots of repositioning, let's say. :)

And, my sweet Connor. Here he is in the outfit Nanny got him, complete with a reindeer on his bottom. :) He is such a sweet heart. He is a mommy's boy and I cannot say that I mind. His smile melts my heart. He is really starting to "talk" to us and let us know when we get out of line. He had a 2 month check today and his first shots.... :(, but he handled it like a champ and has been cool as a cucumber since we got home. It is amazing how in 8 short weeks I cannot imagine our family without him.
Well, I must run, Landon has requested me for book time. Stacey - if you are reading this...I need all the prayers I can get, I am going in...for the bedtime rituals!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: