A title of a BLOG post I would have liked to not have written...
Yesterday, it became "official" that Landon has asthma. It is mild and under good control as our new pediatrician commented. We have little to no family history but it is apparent that Landon has the dreaded wheeze with upper respiratory illnesses.
While I am sad for him that he has asthma, I feel blessed to be his mother. My skills will certainly come in handy with this diagnosis and the new pediatrician we saw yesterday really made me feel like a good mom. Such a difference a good pediatrician can make. Not only did he make me feel like a good mom, he also supported my role as a nurse practitioner.
He was very impressed with Landon and his comfort in the new office. Landon actually peed on the little potty they had after telling us he had to go in the room! I am so proud of the way he is handling potty training- never did I expect to train a boy this young, but he is all into it.
Things have been challenging for me as a nurse practitioner lately. Times like yesterday help me to put everything into perspective. My calling as a mom comes first. Landon is certainly a reason to feel blessed and thankful every day. Yesterday I felt that my role as a mom (and a nurse practitioner) were affirmed. Thank you Dr. Clark!
1 comment:
Sorry to hear your little buddy has asthma, but so happy to hear he's doing well with it. With such a good mom and NP as a mom, he's destined to do great!
By the way, I know how you feel about being challenged in the NP department. I'm having a hard time balancing my work with family time. It's so hard, especially since I'm just starting out, but I know that my little one comes first.
Post a Comment