Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Landon!

So hard to believe that Landon is 2 Years Old! We had such a great day today, complete with a rooster awakening enabling us to make it to the 8:45 service at church! :) I guess he just remembered entering this world at 5:30am 2 years ago today. We had truck and plane pancakes, snacks on a towel for an indoor picnic as we watched the "Bee Movie", and his favorite dinner- spaghetti! I did make his cake- a "Choo-Choo" complete with 2 candles that he actually blew out! He was so proud- as you can tell by the picture. What a little treasure.

I have thought today about his delivery and all of the awesome emotions that came that day and in the past 2 years. As I laid there in the delivery room with oxygen on, being flipped like a pancake as his heartbeat dropped, my epidural leaving a hot spot in my left lower abdomen, knowing I was one pull of a vacuum extractor away from a C-section and my OB saying, "It is my job to be worried, not yours and I will let you know. Everything is fine", I never imagined that I would put aside that fear and desire the experience again. Wow, it is so true- children really are the greatest gifts and are worth every bit of pain labor may bring.

Landon is such an amazing gift and I celebrate him today... I watched him so many times today, laughing, playing, talking up a storm and laying in my arms as he counted to two, so proud, and went to bed without his paci for the first time like a big boy. He was convinced once I said that Pop did not have a paci and neither did Thomas the Train. :) He actually was more convinced when Stan said, well, it is "broke" I guess we have to throw it away. You may think we are cruel for doing it on his birthday, but I promise, he went to bed without fussing and is sleeping soundly as I write. Anyway, when is a good time to get rid of the paci?

Landon wore his superman outfit all day today and we got this shot of he and Raffie...


I love this little fella so much. He is such a part of who I am. I look at him and my heart just melts. It makes me even more in love with Stan. I am so blessed and I treasure the fact that I can say at this point that I have no regrets. I am so thankful to be able to be where I am and be able to work part time. The time I spend with him is irreplaceable. My heart is just bubbling over at the gift I have been given in Landon.
Happy Birthday to my little buddy. I am looking forward to another fun filled year of laughing and learning together.

3 comments:

gina said...

so sweet. thanks for the reminder about labor and delivery, too! it's getting closer for me and now that i've done it twice, i was starting to think, "what have i got myself into again???" however, children are truly a blessing and i have been enjoying mine so much that adding a third to the mix just seems right. doesn't time just fly by? happy 2009!

Dawn said...

He looks like such a happy little boy. Happy Birthday to your little man!

askewheels said...

Happy birthday, Landon! You have an amazing mama!