But look what a happy customer I have...
We had a recent all nighter again. Boy, the meaning is so different than when I was in college. Sleep deprivation as a parents can literally make you crazy. Landon has a cold this week and the symptoms started up 12:15am on Monday. Stan and I were up with Landon at least 10 times that night and we finally got him back to sleep. We both had to work on Monday, so after some major shuffling, Stan stayed home the first part of the day and I came and relieved him at lunch. We were so glad we did that b/c Landon was just not himself to be in a childcare situation (even though we have a great one!).
I thought back to those all nighters in college- I only had a couple- and I actually got to recover. I would come back to my dorm room after the exam and sleep for hours. As a parent- that does not happen. On Monday, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open and Landon was running around like a maniac. How do they have that much energy? Wasn't he tired? I thought, surely if I lay down with him on the couch and watch his favorite show (a real stretch since I don't like him watching that much TV) he would doze off...do toddlers doze off? Not mine. :) He is a great sleeper, but boy is it regimented. None of these catch up naps and laying around- there is too much to see in the world.
Since I last BLOGGED, things have been going well here. It is all around me that things seem to be too darn hard. Several of my friends have had tough times, repeatedly it seems and though it causes me to stop and count my blessings, it also makes me sad and wishful for better times for my friends. God certainly does have a plan, it is just hard to see sometimes. For all of these special friends, I am praying with faith that God will see them each through and show them His power and strength and healing.
Well, I have to run, Landon is waking early, I think an ear infection is brewing...yuck.
3 comments:
You are such a great mom. I think I might need to try the toothpick trick sometime. Glad to hear things are going well for you and your family.
Toothpicks, hmmm... I might have to steal that idea.
Hope everyone at your house is on the mend soon!
At least the food he is eating is healthy! Who cares if they are impaled by toothpicks. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon.
Post a Comment