Saturday, July 12, 2008

Beach and Oreos

Here is a little taste of what our beach trip was like- double the fun with two toddlers! Landon and Caroline had a great time playing simultaneously- except they did play together with peek a boo and Landon was quite the little ladies man- he was giving her kisses all week! We went with our dear friends Mike and Allison. Stan got to play golf and I got to catch up on some much needed girl time and shopping! We also introduced Mike and Allison to Wii. We had many laughs esp. during Allison's turn at baseball!! They are just the best of friends and we are so excited to be able to share in this journey of parenting together.


We did make it out to eat one night, built a "pool" in the sand, Stan and Mike dug an enormous hole- see above, I found Landon's shoes for Anna's wedding, we played "Two Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed", had a GI bug to pass around plus a resulting diaper rash (thank goodness for 40% zinc oxide!), we got Britt's doughnuts, we found sand fiddlers for the kids and we relaxed- even with two toddlers. What a treat! Thanks Mike, Allison and Caroline- we will be looking ahead to booking our calendars for next year!


Now that we have gotten home, Landon is just as fiesty as ever. Today we had a new treat- Oreos...everything in moderation, right?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I must be doing something wrong...you guys seem to be enjoying the beach an awful lot! I see Landon is on the "C3" diet;).

Dawn said...

I agree. I think you must have been to the beach 10 X as much as I have.

Glad to see you are having fun!