I tried to keep the kids occupied and doing our normal life things. This picture says a lot. Lindsay Jane at the table doing a sweet little craft and my boys in the background playing either Pokemon or something else boy.
Landon worked on his "Circus Maximus" project for school. Um. That was quite the undertaking. My boy had no problem with the craft part and building...it was the writing. Um. Pull my hair out. But, he got it done and was very proud to turn in a completed project that was actually quite impressive! I would post the picture, but in the midst of the last 2 weeks I also got a new phone and all of my old pictures are on it...trust me, it was stellar. And he was very proud. Even though he really preferred calling it his "Gluteus Maximus". Boys.
My mom came to help. What a gift. This was the first night she was here. This morning started with a parent teacher conference with me! It was so nice to have her there...so, I treated her with a trip to Merritt's! We thoroughly enjoyed our BLTs and coffee together. A Chapel Hill must.
This picture was before she and Connor's date. I have been teaching the boys about how to treat a lady. So, I gave Connor 20 bucks and let him try out his new skills of chivalry on my mom. She said it was one of her favorite nights ever. True story. This little boy has a gift of making others feel loved and special. He has an innate ability to recognize ones feelings and also to show them his love through not only words but actions. He opened doors for her, paid for the meal and honored her. I would be so lying if I didn't say I was so so proud of him. I was also so grateful to be able to give that gift to my mom.
Then there were these two...also a sweet sweet bond. Watching my dad with my little girl brings me back. It brings me back to all of the times I rode on my dad's shoulders, kissed his cheek, played tickle monster with him, played hide and seek, went camping...you name it...my dad, he was simply the best growing up, and still is. So so thankful my kids get the chance to experience his love and sweet spirit. You know, Connor gets his big heart from this guy.
Do you know how happy this picture made him? I see this little girl following in my footsteps in so so many ways. It is so unbelievable. She is a born nurturer, she loves Doc McStuffins and can often be found "doctoring" her stuffed animals and baby dolls and she took to a baseball glove like she was born to wear it!!! Yep, that's my girl!
Next event? Zaiya's 6th birthday party at our house!!
Love this sequence. I am not sure who is more happy?? My mom or the birthday boy!! There is something about watching a sweet child enjoy his/her own birthday celebration.
Present time! Here, Connor is presenting Zaiya with the rainbow loom sling shot that he traded a Pokemon card to get for Zaiya from another student on the bus. I tell you what, sweeeeet...heart right there. It just made my heart melt.
And a baseball glove for Zaiya too!! Pop was happy!
Lindsay Jane could not be forgotten. She ran and got her glove back on too! Mommom was equally as excited as her mom, my grandmother, was quite the softball player as well!
This was plain classic. This is the Minecraft lego kit that Zaiya wanted for Christmas and did not get...but Connor did. Zaiya told Connor at Christmas that Santa must have gotten confused...Bahaha!
Everyone likes watching new gifts be opened!!
And they really like cake!
Sweet boy!
And...there is always time for reading with Mommom...what a treasure.
Speaking of treasures...
Though it was freezing cold, we got out and rode bikes. Lindsay Jane seems to be catching on faster than either of her brothers with a determination to do everything they do!
Dad and Landon threw the baseball. You should have heard all the giggles....
There was a marathon Monopoly game...
There was the Superbowl...which Landon stayed up to watch!
Lindsay Jane helped Mommom make her peanut butter and chocolate kiss cookies.
Lindsay Jane entertained us...
And, I got to bring my co-workers these scrumptious cookies...
It was a great week for so many reasons. It was also a hard week. There was a 10.5 hour time difference. We had a few meltdowns. Our fish died. We had a funeral. We laughed. We cried. We got along. We fought. We missed the bus only once. I kept up with my half marathon training. I got a pedicure thanks to my parents seeing I needed a break. We made it to church. I made it to work. I accidentally put premium fuel in my mini-van. I bought a season's worth of Peppa Pig to soothe my 3 year old since she couldn't have a lollipop for dinner. I got to spend some real quality time with my mom. My dad and mother in law also came to help me. My friends made meals. My friends picked up my kids. What a village I had!
But...I am sure glad to have my other half back and the kids have been more themselves...such a testimony to the importance of Stan's relationship with each of them and me too. We made it but I am so grateful that is not my norm. I have to hand it to all single moms out there. All of you should wear a cape. Maybe ALL of us moms should wear one!
No comments:
Post a Comment