These three are what I am thankful for! Such a sweet little bunch of faces. Makes my heart just burst with joy! I am not sure I have ever loved a picture more. I thought it was the perfect way to start my Thanksgiving post. :)
When your birthday is November 18th...usually it is included in the Thanksgiving celebrations, whether Turkey dinner, family birthday parties and presents or blog posts. I am used to it after 38 years. :) It is a good time to count my blessings.
This year, our dear friends, Tori and Katie made us dinner (homemade lasagna- my request) and cupcakes (made with love with the help of little Lindsay Jane) and had dinner waiting when I got home from work! Working on my birthday was really not bad this year! Stan sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to the hospital which has not happened since we were dating! So sweet and just made my day. Then, to come home to dinner!!! Awesome!
I made a wish and blew out those few candles...
Obviously Lindsay Jane was please with her cupcakes. :)
Sweet friends.
Katie took some special time with each of the kids to help them make Christmas ornaments for me. It had been a rough couple weeks and Tori and Katie were just super helpful in entertaining the kids while I cared for my dear sick friend and her family and also celebrated my grandfather's life of nearly 94 years. Friends like Tori and Katie are amazing and the truth is, I have many many amazing friends that all showed up. I am beyond blessed with friendships in my life.
After shopping with three of those priceless friends who also helped me process through all of the events in my life...we headed to Massanutten... ready for a vacay.
The kids were super excited about the model clay I bought.
Connor, my little artist..
Lindsay Jane, my little clown. You can see her "dinosaur"...or Loch Ness monster?? Not sure.
My mom always finds a way to make learning fun. :) Here she was helping Connor write a story. He chose to write about baseball. :)
Silly sibling time before family movie night...
Hard to find a movie to please the whole crowd here...thankfully, my dad was a good sport and we watched "Home". Kids loved it and I think it is hilarious.
I think that face says it all from my dad...
Sweet snuggles. :)
I think this was after everyone had finished watching and we were winding down, sleepy and ready for a long night's rest.
And, this was the next morning...
The kids always have fun at the little play park right down the road. :) Last year it snowed, making outside play a little bit of a challenge. I must say, it was nice to see the sun this year...and the ground.
I especially love shots like these. :)
More crafts that either mommy or Mommom brought...yes, like mother, like daughter.
And GiGi arrived! Lindsay Jane was ecstatic!!!
After eating all of their dinner...they got ice cream cones...on the couch...while Mommom read to them! Spoiled!
Bath time with my cuties! You don't want to know how many attempts it took to get this...
Sweet little girls mothering their babies. Lindsay Jane brought an extra baby to share with GiGi. I love watching these little ones love each other.
I guess these guys do clean up pretty well...this was their pre-golfing photo. :)
And, I decided to take on the task of Anna and Elsa hair...I think they were pleased...but it was not easy! ;)
Next stop...the Petting Zoo! This is Sampson. He is about 30 years old, a teenager for his kind...
And, these critters are so funny looking...
In years past, they gave everyone a Dixie cup of food with the admission. Now, you have to pay 50 cents for about 15 kernels of corn...Mommom and I scrounged our coins together and managed to have about 2 handfuls worth...
Landon was not afraid this year, and really enjoyed feeding all of the animals that he could. I was so proud of him! Especially because this was all outside and there were some bees around...in case you missed it, he has a severe bee allergy just discovered this year, so we are card carrying epi pen packers...
GiGi would not touch the animals but kept asking Mommom to...
This was my favorite. This grey bunny just followed my Landon around. He has not historically been much of an animal lover, but fell in love with this bunny. He even named him, "Fred". He was really trying to get me to see if we could buy the bunny and bring it home with us. It was really cute.
More GiG and Mommom moments. :)
Connor was somewhat jealous that "Fred" seemed to prefer Landon. He, therefore, chased around the other rabbits and kept saying, "This guys likes me, this one does too, this one likes me"...and so on...
Lindsay Jane was too cute for words, feeding the animals. Something about baby animals and children. Just precious.
And we ended our time by saying goodbye to the camel!
We waited for the men to come back from golfing and enjoyed chess...
And ice cream!
FINALLY! Water Park time!!! Landon exclaimed, as we walked into the front door, "I am so excited, I could pee!" Hahaha!
Thumbs up!
The girls had fun at the baby pool and slide...
And Connor, Karen and Zaiya enjoyed the lazy river. I am pretty sure Connor went on that thing about 50 times. ;)
Stan and I enjoyed taking the boys on the big slides and hearing them squeal all the way down. Landon was more adventurous in the beginning, but by the end of the night, Connor was right in there with his brother!! We definitely got our money's worth!
Next celebration? Mommom's retirement!! Complete with an oreo cookie cake!
And champagne!
A jokester...
And finally, the guest of honor!
Not sure who was more excited, Mommom or Pop!
What a wonderful time as we shared the things we love about Mommom and the things we are looking forward to in her retirement. We also all treated her to a spa day...with all the girls!
A treat, indeed!!!!! Massages, facials, pedicures and manicures...just the girls. :) As we left the Spa, the owner said, "Happy retirement! And I bet you ALL hope she retires again next year." Heehee.
And, while we were away being pampered...my dad and brother started Thanksgiving dinner, while Stan manned the kids. :) Good men!
Dad says thumbs up. And, he would know!
We got home to little girls that wanted their nails done too! So, Mommom obliged and then they played in the tent outside with aunt Tamara. :)
The boys had another chess match...
Karen broke the cork...
Dad and John bonded.
Karen and I bonded. :)
Stan, Karen and Zaiya posed for a sweet picture right before dinner was served.
Tamara and I traded off to get these two gems. What a crazy crew, indeed. It was a wonderful meal with wonderful conversation and company. It went by too quickly, though.
The kids got to have movie night, watching "Curious George Christmas" which did keep all of them occupied for a while so the adults could talk. :)
Then, it was another birthday celebration!!! GiGi's 3rd birthday! Since December 3rd is so close to Thanksgiving, we decided to add yet another party to our week!!!
I think a great time was had by all. So many celebrations, so much love, such a blessed time for our family.
And, then, we left at 8:00 on Thanksgiving Day to head to the Cole's family Thanksgiving. :)
How I love these cuties...this was Lindsay Jane's first Cole Thanksgiving she might remember. Last year we didn't make it, but were thankful to have made the trip this year.
Love these two so much!
Pure sweetness. Lindsay Jane and Cole looking in wonder at the Christmas tree, the first one they had seen for the year.
I had to stop and get this one of my little angel too.
Another shot of Ryan, Michele and my Landon.
Two little munchkins...
Not even going to say how long this took to capture...
Especially with subjects like these!!!
I glanced across the field and saw this picture. This is our family time, relaxed, a community, spanning generations, touched with light from above. I love this.
Sweet Lindsay Jane with sweet Michelle.
And, is any Thanksgiving complete without tree climbing?
Love love this man. Our sweet Uncle Alan. :)
And, my girl...not to be outdone by her brothers or boy cousins...in her dress, no less.
More tree climbing!
More bonding with Lindsay Jane, Michelle and Uncle Alan. I think LJ was actually sharing her goldfish...a true sign of her affection. :)
Football anyone?
Lillie pretending she is a tree...
My big boy climbing a tree...
These two are such sweet friends and cousins...
And, Lindsay Jane was just taken by her newest cousin, Brylee. :)
We love babies in the Cole family!
Ally Jane and Lindsay Jane...I love so much that Lindsay shares this very very special Aunt's name. Jane is a true rare treasure.
Shenanigans...
And, time for heading back to Durham to start our Advent...
What a better way to start than to have my big boy read to my little girl, the story of Christ's birth.
And then, it was time to get our REAL Christmas tree for the first time in 6 years! Landon had an allergy as a little fellow and passed the test last year as we got a real wreath and had it inside throughout the season without ill effect!! What a wonderful time Stan and I had taking these three to pick out a tree. Stan and I started the tradition at the same people's lot many years ago...
I think my little reindeer had fun...
Once we found our tree, Connor was holding onto it so no one else would snag it!!!
Sweet memories with my sweet little family...
Big strong Stan...
Silly crazy siblings...
Lindsay Jane got the special job this year...of putting the angel on top of the tree. :) So so sweet.
Tadaaa! She says...as she holds onto an ornament made by Stan's grandmother.
The sights and the sounds of the blessed season are here. Now, to rest in the goodness that this time of waiting brings.
And, to enjoy a little magic and fun as well...
No comments:
Post a Comment