My sweet little ones...love how true to our lives this one is!!! Lindsay Jane is such a trooper with these two boys! For those of you who don't know their costumes, Landon is "Steve" from Minecraft and Connor is "A Golden armored Zombie", also from Minecraft.
Our Halloween started with Lindsay Jane and I doing a lot of baking this week. Here, she is washing up the dishes after we made candy corn cookies. She is such a sweet little joy.
Here, she is eating her lunch, while the cookies finish up. She enjoyed her cooking position, so elected to stay there...
Landon dressed up as "Little Bear" from Indian and the Cupboard for the Harvest Parade at his school. He had to do a report on Little Bear and here he was practicing that. ;) He did a terrific job.
My Connorbug had to dress as an animal he wanted to learn about. He also had to give a report, which was awesome and I am hoping you will be able to view it at the end of this post...his favorite piece of information was that cats sleep for 70 % of their lives...who knew???
Pumpkin carving time!!!
Landon was the only one who would look up at me at first, they were all so into the pumpkin guts...
Then Lindsay Jane hammed it up...
Then, she really hammed it up. Her third born style...
Hard at work!
Landon did a great job getting the guts out. He has not liked that much at all in years past and made a couple of comments, but really stuck to it and ended up doing a great job!
Connor was very intent on doing all but the carving himself. He meticulously got every bit of pumpkin seed and "gut"out. He is a little me. Wow.
And, we all know by now, that Stan is a "cheater cheater pumpkin eater..."
Finished products!
Friday morning...we set off for Woods for the Harvest parade! Here is our sweet friend, Wyatt, dressed as a Lion!
Wyatt, hiding from me...
Sweet Mrs. Faulkner...who is Connor's amazing teacher.
See my little black cat???
A few action shots...
And, here comes "Little Bear!"
He was "too cool" to wave at me this year...but I still managed to get a picture!
And, so did Landon!
This is the best picture I could get of Lindsay Jane as she was not happy about leaving the boys. She wants to go to school now, with her "bruders".
But, it wasn't long before she cheered up, because it was time to bake again when we got home!
Kitty Cat cookies!
Yummmmm!
Aren't they cute?
Alrighty...let the fun begin! We had our annual Halloween pre-parade party at our house, complete with crafts, fun foods and games. Oh, yeah, and pizza! Here Connor was working on our cutip skeletons.
Daddy helped Lindsay Jane with hers.
A finished product. :)
Zaiya, the Power Ranger, seems to have particularly enjoyed it!
If there is a party here, there are cookies to be decorated! Thanks Lucia! Thanks, Kaeden for the sweet silly smile!
Kaeden was enjoying getting his picture taken...
Courtney was concentrating...
Lindsay Jane always loves decorating cookies and I think this one is the activity that got her out of her post nap grump...
Lucia, our cookie baking extraordinaire!!!
Another fun food Halloween treat!
Our little fire fighter, Zachary, arrived in style...but was a little bashful at first. SO cute!
And, the craft of the night...marshmallow catapults, led by Derek and Brett! I am not sure who had more fun, the little kids or the big ones...
Look at the satisfied smile on Brett's face!! You should have seen both he and Landon when he shot a marshmallow right into Landon's mouth! :) Thanks Brett and Derek!
And time for the "Frankenworms"...
After dumping them into the vinegar after soaking them in baking soda...
They will wiggle!!!
Won't they???
And, nope. I guess this is what you call a "Pinterest Fail..." Oh well, the kids loved watching the bubbles on the worms...
Pizza in the driveway time!!!
Our little power ranger had to sit on top of his perch and get a better view...
The Halloween crew this year!
Presented by Zaiya, the Power Ranger!!!
This. is. my. life. Oh, how I love these three!!!!
Cinderella and her prince, a handsome one, indeed...Love.
I always love these, watching Stan hold the kids hands as our Halloween parade commences.
Our sweet neighbors.
I loved this! Our neighbors Lauren and Michael with their little lobster, Campbell.
Anna, insisted on pulling Elsa...
Steve!
Sweet little lady bug, Peppa Pig and Olaf with another sweet sweet neighbor, Meghan.
A few Elsa and Anna antics...
Sweet Landon and Sophia. They have been doing Halloween together for many many years...
Wow...I better move on before I tear up...
Me and my little princess. Two times in one fall, dressing up with my girl as princess...my heart is so full!!!
So so glad my sister came this year! We had such a fun time!
Many years of Halloweens together with this young lady...priceless...
Love love this one too!
And, this is one of my favorite pictures from the whole night. I love this little boys so so much.
This costume took some mommy creativity...I am no costume making mama, but there was no such costume as a "Golden Armored Zombie" so, I looked it up and improvised. Connor was actually very pleased and gave me a running hug, my favorite kind, when he saw it. :)
Time for trick or treating...
And putting 2 and 3 year olds in the sit and stand...
Couldn't resist this one...
Look mom!!!
Cute, cute, cute!!!
Did I mention cute?
Zachary and Lindsay Jane were ready to keep going! So, we obliged and noted it was a good idea to keep them up a little later because of the time change! :)
By the end, they really had the hang of it...and ending up with people they know didn't hurt...
Lindsay Jane, happy with her booty!
Zaiya, also pleased with the enormous load of sugar...
And, Emelia started enjoying hers immediately...as every kid should!
What a delightful Halloween. The kids had so much fun, as did the grown ups...and we all slept well and LATE! Hooray! I think Halloween should be on a Saturday night that happens to be daylight savings time every year!
Hope you enjoyed!
No comments:
Post a Comment