It is crazy, especially for this mama, to believe how much time we spent at various lakes this summer. You see, I am not a lake lover...not.at.all. I don't like getting into still water where I cannot see my feet. I think about every little thing that could be lurking beneath the surface and it just grosses me out! I do not love my kids being in lake water either, but my kids love it, so I just life jacket them up and hold my breath, praying some lake locknesmonster doesn't get them...
In all seriousness, we have really enjoyed the water this summer. Especially my husband...enjoy my recap.
Stan had many different opportunities to practice his roll in the kayak. Not my favorite thing, but he can flip himself completely over under water now. Pretty cool.
Landon does enjoy the lake, especially when he gets to fish or be in the canoe.
Stan, telling a fish story.
Connor, being his cute little self.
Family canoe ride on Lake George, at my parent's cabin.
It was so so peaceful being out on the lake and really neat to be able to take Stan's new canoe out. We missed Lindsay Jane, but keeping the boys in the boat proved enough of a challenge.
Connor and Stan took their own special ride...
Followed closely behind by big brother and dad.
We also spent some special time down at the park at Montreat in Black Mountain. I grabbed this shot of my girl looking at the creek critters.
We ended our trip at Kilwin's, best ice cream ever.
Next lake stop...Jordan! It always amazes me that we have this gem, basically, in our backyard! We enjoyed a full day with the Smiths. It seems it is a tradition in the summer, one I am happy to have!
The kids built sandcastles.
LJ carried on the 7 year long tradition in our family of pushing a big dump truck along the water's edge (my fave).
Connor had snacks... (his fave)
Zachary was non stop (his fave).
Sophia and Landon played with our big beach ball! I was thrilled for them to enjoy it at the lake, since we had loved having it so much at the beach. What a great find!
Beauty out our back door. If you have not gone, you should!
The two middle children, posing, mostly happily for a picture. :)
She and Connor enjoyed a couple sweet little moments...
So did Janise and I. We actually had time to sit, reflect and actually finish several conversations while the kids played so happily. We ended up having so much fun that we let the little ones skip their naps so we could stay longer! Love love loved our day! Love her! :)
I have loved watching these two grow up together. It is hard to believe that they are now 3rd graders. Father time, slow on down. Please.
More sandcastle fun. Sophia and Landon definitely have the building bug. I love to watch their little minds work!
Next lake stop...High Rock with our dear pals, the Abates. I love this little picture. Lindsay Jane and Nicholas just picked up where they left off last summer, holding hands and taking on the world. It is precious watching Allison and I's kids love each other like we do. It's like they know how special their mamas are to each other. :)
Slide fun at Dan Nicholas Park!
Love this expression of Caroline's!
Lindsay Jane and Nicholas playing on the various structures. Too cute, these two!
I so remember doing this for hours as a little girl. Caroline was flipping around on the monkey bars while Allison and I held our breath. :)
Conquering the big spider web!
Lindsay Jane was so cute in her little world, swinging around on this little flower. She is so much fun to watch, just enjoying every little thing about her world.
Two of my very favorites, right there. ;)
More hand holding and bonding for these cuties.
Landon joined us the next day, after baseball camp was over...and had to show off his racing skills..
Me and the older kids played putt putt while Allison took the littles to the zoo.
Connor stopped to smell the hibiscus and try to catch a butterfly. Love his little soul so much.
We managed to finish our putt putt game without dehydrating out in the hot hot sun. I would like to say that I survived lots of whining about how hot it was...not from Allison's kid...
Lake time anyone?
This picture is cute, but they look like they are in pain, smiling for their mom...
Connor conquered the slide again!
Lindsay Jane thought really hard about it...
Stan practiced more of his flipping over in the kayak...
Allison helped get all the kids on the tube so Stan could pull them...
They actually lasted for a pretty long time before starting to fight. I mean, those are pretty close quarters for two sets of siblings. :)
Lindsay Jane decided to sunbathe a little on the back of the kayak with her daddy. Too too cute.
Connor caught a frog on our scavenger hunt around the lake. This was the highlight of the lake trip for the kids.
They made it a little habitat. It was precious. Allison and I just loved watching their little minds create, outside, away from all technology.
Lindsay Jane practiced her adolescent face...
Stan pulled out Connor's first tooth...and the tooth fairy couldn't find Connor at the lake, so she was a day late, but not a dollar short.
Allison made the kids pancakes with whip cream on top...our house will never be the same...
Landon and Caroline caught up and continued their sweet friendship. It was hilarious when they awoke this morning and there was a squirrel in the bucket with the frog. Boy, were we all lucky that squirrel did not decide to eat a little frog for breakfast...
What a great time we had at High Rock Lake with our special friends! I think these smiles say it all!
I hope you enjoyed our adventures at Lake George, Jordan Lake and High Rock Lake. We sure had a great time, but...I am not sure I will be the only one sitting out swimming in the future...we shall see. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment