Oh, yes. My little Fred Astaire. Connor has been taking ballroom dancing lessons for the past several months at our local Fred Astaire dance studio. Stan and I have been talking lessons there for about 2 years. If you want a look at some pictures of us dancing, see this link Fairy Tale.
Dancing has been so wonderful for Stan and I. It is amazing what it can teach you about marriage. There is leading and following, working together, keeping a frame, embracing, learning and connecting. It really is a lot like marriage counseling...just a lot more fun. ;)
So, the owners of Fred Astaire have a 5 year old little boy and they decided to start a class for kids. Aren't we lucky that we happen to have a 5 year old too! The class was to meet every Saturday from 12-12:45. That, we could make work, with our busy Spring Baseball schedule for Landon. So, I started taking him and one week became another, we bought dancing shoes and I started catching this sweet little fellow dancing when no one was watching.
I happened to catch him this week. His brother is out of town...the older brother who is very athletic and actually quite hard on his little sensitive brother. Connor was dancing to his little heart's desire, grabbed my hands and started leading me in his own little step touch to a Michael Jackson song. We danced, I smiled, my heart was full...then he looked at me with the sweetest eyes and said, "Mommy, I just love to dance, I just LOVE it!"
So, enjoy my post about my little dancer and his very first performance and his very first trophy. :)
Proud mama moment.
So, this is how it started out. He had to walk the little girl onto the ballroom floor with his hand behind his back while she held her skirt. He was so so serious. You can see Lindsay Jane and I sitting across the ballroom and my mom standing taking a picture.
Time to dance. I think this is the Cha Cha Cha. He was caught telling his partner to "focus" and "hold your skirt". He is so serious!
Next dance, still very serious...
I believe this was the Waltz. He is actually a pretty good little lead (after I told him not to step on the little girls' feet to get them to move them). He was pushing them the way he wanted them to go! That was a sweet little lesson in what it means to be the leader, especially when you are leading someone who may now know all that you do. I also talked to him about how you treat a little girl. It was so so sweet. :)
Another little partner...
Another dance...
And, sweet Oksana giving Connor his trophy. You can also see Yuri in the back behind Oksana. They are the owners. Not only are they phenomenal dancers, they are just good people. It was so amazingly sweet when Yuri was talking about how much they were enjoying teaching the kids. It was very evident how very much dancing means to both of them. And, it is a passion that they want to share with others. I love it when people share their gifts and these two are doing just that. Seeing them with these kids was so special. What a great pair, what a great place, what a great thing to do!
Lining up for a pose!
Yay! Look at those trophies raised high in the air! So proud!
Mommom, Pop, Daddy, Mommy, Landon, Lindsay Jane, Tori and Katie came to watch sweet Connor. You can see a frown on his face...because he did not want any more pictures. Oh well. He was a good sport for a while and he is only 5. This one might be funny to show him one day when he is on Dancing with the Stars...haha!
Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my little dancer!
No comments:
Post a Comment