Friday, May 22, 2015

Catch Up (Mother's Day, Tuesdays with my Littles and Baseball!)


Happy Belated Mother's Day!  We celebrated by having my parents and Kay join us for one of Landon's baseball games.  What a great start to Mother's Day weekend!  Landon is quite a little ball player, taking after my dad, his "Pop".  Seeing my dad watching him brought back so many wonderful memories when dad was also "coach".


Next stop...Connor's dance studio!  He was none too pleased with me taking pictures this day but I managed to get this one which had less of a scowl.  Connor has been really enjoying ballroom dancing and his grandparents were so proud to watch him.  He really does dance with such intensity. He is focused and does a great job.  I really love to watch him dance.  Again, a great start to a Mother's Day weekend.


These two joined in the fun, watching their big brother play ball.   It is quite a juggling act between the bleachers (total safety hazard but oh so much fun), the constant requests for snack, the multiple trips to the van for the toddler potty (which I said I would never do....) and dear old mom trying desperately to get at least a peak at Landon playing.  :)  I guess that is what it is all about, huh?  ;)


Love this one.


Not too too many years ago, that was me on my dad's shoulders.  :)


She loved every minute.  So did Pop.





Number 18 does it again...guess who else had that number in High School? Yep, this mama.  :)
 

It sure was nice to have the extra hands for Connor and Lindsay Jane on Mother's Day weekend!



Landon has an outstanding coach.  We have been so pleased with the South Durham Little League. in general. Landon has been so encouraged and built up as a new baseball player.  His coach has really focused on his strengths and built up the things that needed improvement.  He is also just really present with the kids.  Having another adult build Landon up has meant the world to Stan and I this year especially.


Landon even shares his after the game snacks with his little bro...


These two.  Best of friends/worst of enemies.  Normal, right?

And then, after heading home from baseball and dance, I had a little mother's day brunch for my mom, Kay, my sister and I.  We had Rose' wine, bruschetta, Rotisserie chicken and roasted brussel sprouts.  Yum.  We also topped it off with German chocolate cake and then the sweetest dessert of all...my dad got all three of us tickets to see James Taylor!!!!   Who-hooooo!

Then, my parents gave Stan and I a wonderful gift.  They kept the kids for us to be able to go away for the night.  We went downtown Raleigh, actually.  We got to our hotel room at 5:00 and I had one glass of wine, laid down and took myself a nap.  :)  It was so nice.  Then, we walked to a Sushi restaurant, ate a relaxing dinner without interrupted conversation and had time to find a coffee shop for more conversation.  It was a beautiful night and it was so so nice to be with the one who is sharing in this journey of parenting with me...and what a journey this year has been.  I could totally write a whole book about this past year as a parent.  But, then again, couldn't we all?



And, my wish for Mother's Day...you got it.  Breakfast in bed.  Room service.  Check.  Awesome!

We got home after going on a quick little trip to the mall and enjoyed a wonderful relaxing evening with the kids.  We had movie night and breakfast for dinner and everyone was happy, especially mama.  :)



I don't usually BLOG too much about the two little rascals, Midnight and Shadow.  As you can see, there is a little boy who is very much in love with said two rascals.  :)  Connor loves his kitties. Midnight sleeps with him every night and puts up with all of the "hide outs" that Connor makes for her and forces her into.  She is the calmest and nicest cat ever.  And, Shadow, also a terrific cat, puts up with LJ picking him up and carrying him like a baby.  It is hard to believe that these two cats came into our lives immediately following the world's meanest cat.  We sure do love these kitties and they are definitely a part of the Cole family, included every night in evening prayers. :)




Fun at the park with my big boy!  It is so hard for me to believe he will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.  I am honestly not ready, but he really is.  I do fear that he will have trouble with the separation from mama, but I know he will be ok.  I love this little nugget and don't mind at all that he has definitely chosen his college allegiance...




Tire swing fun!


They called this the rocket ship...it kinda freaked me out.  Look how high miss LJ is!!!


You think she is proud to be up on that rock?


My little princess.  How I love her determined little spirit.



And, one last climb...we had a blast, on a regular Tuesday morning, in a little town called Durham at one of our many lovely area parks.  We love our little town.


And...it is quite convenient to my favorite place on earth...


I got a weekend away with these two kindred spirits...Heather and I went to meet Crystal's new baby, Emmett.  What a treat it was to be with two of my very favorite people at my very favorite place.  It was food for my soul. 


 Heather loving on Emmett...


Me and Eli counting waves, in Spanish...what do you expect, his mom is like the smartest person I know!!!!

Lots of time was spent talking, rocking, eating Trampas (Crystal's husband)'s yummy meals, sharing life together.


And, another regular Tuesday at home...Connor built a castle with a dock and an alligator.


And told me I had to take a picture.  :)



LJ loves to paint.


Silly Connorbug!


And, more baseball.  This was the game where this little catcher hit his first home run!!! Kay, Ross and Landon's whole family were there to cheer the little fella on!  It was so great!


This is one of the only shots I got of Landon, but it tells a lot.  This is Connor, going over to tell Landon what a good job he did at hitting that home run.  Precious.






Sibling fun at baseball games.  Also brings back so many memories!


And, Ross!  Stan's first cousin, Ross, came to the game.  It was so much fun to have him be able to be a part of our family rhythm.  Stan's family has always meant the world to him, so seeing him be able to share this sweet time with Ross touched my heart.

And, that's it for now.  The two little ones are calling me to take them outside.  There might be water involved today!  Welcome spring for real!

No comments: