I love this girl. I love this picture and that it was taken in one of our very favorite places to visit. We try to have a yearly couples weekend with Mike and Allison, sans kids. We have been able to make it happen most years, five kids between us. It is such a special time of bonding and catching up for our souls. Though we don't get to see each other nearly as much as we would like, these weekends away certainly do make up for it.
We laughed, we cried, we shopped, we stayed up late talking, we stayed up late playing a board game. We ate out, we slept in. We encouraged, we reminisced. We had a break. We were able to breathe. We loved. What a gift.
Mike and Stan played golf and watched a lot of sports. They did shop the flea market and Finders Keepers with us...this picture was taken right before we started our "Battle of the Sexes" game. It was hilarious.
I see why Mike and Stan picked the seats they did...see the sports on behind us! :)
Mike and Allison acting out their word...and planning up strategy.
Me laughing at the word I got to act out...
And, Mike, upset that I beat him in the demo...
We will keep that word between us... hahaha.
Alas, the men won. I do think that they got some really easy breaks...until next time Mike and Stan!
Our crew. What an awesome time we had. I never laugh so hard than when we are with Mike and Allison. What special friends.
------------------------------------------------------
We headed home on Monday, MLK. God bless my parents who kept my three sick children that entire weekend. They knew that I needed a break and that Stan and I needed some time away.
Life sure can get tedious. We had just gotten over about 8 weeks straight of some illness in one or more of us, Stan travelling, Christmas, New Year's and Landon's birthday- all along with me trying to start training for my first half marathon March 28th and keep up with life in general with three kids and a part time (demanding) job. It was a whirlwind.
Let's not even address the fact that the kids tend to have behavior issues around the holidays and Landon was really struggling in school. The break was very much needed and I am not sure how I would have gotten through the two weeks that followed without it (except that I do know and am so reminded that I always have the Lord to lean on).
Nothing like seeing your child suffer will make you realize your need for God more. Feeling that helpless, knowing that I cannot DO anything to take away his struggles at any given moment, forces me out of myself and into the Lord's presence, begging him for help.
I think we are on the right track and I am thankful that I have been heard and that Landon has the support of his teachers and the staff at his school. I never realized what an advocate I would have to be for my child.
Makes me think a lot about how much the Lord fights for me.
My love for Landon (and Connor and LJ) pales in comparison to my Heavenly Father's love for me and for them. Not only does he fight for me, he let his own son die for me. He loves Landon even more than I do and made him just the way he is, just for me and Stan.
How humbling, how encouraging, how real.
------------------------------------------------------
We raced home from the bus stop yesterday and had to grab some hot chocolate. This is our "normal", our safe place. Hot chocolate with marshmallows, by the fire...yep, that says home to my three!
-----------------------------------------------------
I had to put these in a BLOG, I mean...really? Could she be any cuter? This was the first day she wore pigtails.
And, another "normal" for us, is when we take off on a Tuesday morning for an adventure...
Lindsay Jane playing with dominoes in a bucket. Kept her happy for at least 20 minutes! :)
Connor playing Crayon Physics...
Connor and Lindsay spelling on a big peg board.
Showing off their dance moves!
And, master building...what a fun morning with my two littles!
Well, there is a snap shot back into our "normal". Day by day, the Lord shows us his mercies, which are new every morning.... I am so very thankful to have these three little nuggets. And their sweet and wonderful daddy, of course.











No comments:
Post a Comment