Friday, September 19, 2014

Lindsay Jane Turns Two!


Well, it has happened.  My baby has turned two.  It is so hard to believe, in all ways, I feel.  This time, the third time, it seems to be flying even more quickly than the previous two times.  Though it is flying, I am treasuring every moment as a mother of three beautiful healthy children.  Some of those moments that I treasure are not easy...but the things those moments teach me and making me a better mom, one day at a time.  Enjoy some snapshots from our many celebrations for this beautiful little joy.



My decorations.  Though we did not do a real "themed" party, I did have to use pink.  I decided this was just a girl themed party, complete with butterflies, shades of pink, tutus and balloons.



Me and my little bundle of joy.


Always up for some fun, Lindsay Jane was riding around the house on her little Minnie Mouse car when we celebrated with our family.  My family was all in town for my parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary celebration, so we tagged LJ's celebration on to that, about 3 weeks ago now!  She didn't mind!


Pop and GiGi, Lindsay Jane's only girl cousin!  My brother's little girl, she is such a delight.  She and Lindsay hit it off and got along mighty well for two around the age of two year olds!  I think we heard a lot of "mine" but also a lot of "Where GiGi?".  I think the only argument was over a teapot...haha!


Lindsay Jane and Nanny smiling pretty. :)


Stan and Cole, who is growing about an inch a minute!  Cannot believe how big he is already!



Boys being boys.  A game of catch in the living room, in the middle of the party.  Oh yes.  Big boys included.


Aunt Moo and Uncle B made the trip with little Cole.  It was so great to have them here!  We sure miss having them around the corner, but are tickled that they are finally back home in Mebane.  These two (and their little fella) are just treasures.



Sibling fun...never ends!


Mommom and sweet GiGi.


Aunt Moo trying to steal a squeeze from our very active little girl!


Tutus and ballerina slippers...girlee?  Yes, please.





You think she enjoyed that?


Brothers were included, for sure, especially when it came to cake eating!



And, just because it was her birthday, she got a second piece!!!



Pop and Mommom got in on the fun.  This little girl is SUCH.A.HAM.


GiGi enjoyed it too!


Mommy's turn to get some giggles.  You should have seen her expressions!





What joy she brings to Stan and I, and to our sweet big boys.


Present time!  This little girl loves umbrellas...and had to settle for her brother's broken Lightening McQueen one until Aunt Tamara and Uncle John scored this treat!


And matching boots!  And...this girl still loves Minnie Mouse.  Super Duper excited about these pajamas!


The beloved tea set...I decided little GiGi needed a tea set like Lindsay Jane's.  When you are also around two...seeing another little two year old open gifts that you would like to have is a little difficult...cue...Aunt Kristen...what a perfect opportunity to spoil my niece a little bit.


MooMoo gave her a Little Mermaid band set...big hit.  She even slept with the tambourine!


Princess slippers.  Need I say more?


And Uncle John was still eating crabs...




Mommom and the girls with their princess shoe...Mommom was teaching them how to share.  Looks like they were both pretty happy about it!


One random shot that Stan took.  I love this expression!  Lindsay Jane just loves to swing.  I would say that is her favorite thing to do right now.  She could sit and swing for hours.  The little things delight little ones.  That is one thing I love about motherhood.  It helps me to stop and have thoughts like this.  Kids are such little perspective makers.


Yay!  It's Lindsay Jane's real birthday and it fell on a Thursday!  Yay!  I am home with her anyway on Thursdays so it was perfect!  This is a picture of her opening her first gift on her birthday from our sweet friends, Tori and Katie.  A cute little elephant shirt!


And a treasured Minnie Mouse coloring book and an adorable little outfit with yoga pants and a kittie cat shirt.  You think she is spoiled.


Breakfast with "Gaga" which is what she calls Landon.  He is absolutely endearing with her.  I love to watch the two of them.  Landon has really risen to the challenge of being a big brother to this little sister.  The age difference is one thing as well as the gender, I am sure.  He never said he wanted her to go back into my tummy, like he said about Connor...but Connor did...


Her first wish on her birthday...to swing! Pajamas, boots and a priceless grin!


Next stop, Pullen Park.  What a delightful trip with my little love.


More swinging...










Next stop, driving a little boat!  Lindsay Jane was absolutely in heaven.  I included all the pictures because of all of the many expressions of Lindsay Jane.  She thought she was a big big girl!



A train ride!  A happy little 2 year old and a happy mommy.


Lunch time!  I brought her favorite, a bagel with cream cheese!


I just loved looking at her watch her surroundings.  My little sweet baby girl.  She is an absolute treasure.


 Peek a boo!  I had her smile for this picture which is the one I sent to one of my patient's mothers.  This next part may get a little deep, so you are forewarned.  It has been hard to get this post out for a number of reasons, mostly related to my lack of any free time.  I have very little as it is, but lately, it has been much less, as I have had a very sick patient who I have had to get the palliative care team involved with.  She is three and her mom is the best mom in the world.  My job gives me so much perspective, yet, that same perspective that keeps me in check can be so overwhelming.  I feel overwhelmed often with love, with compassion, with sadness, with gratitude, with fear, with sympathy, with appreciation.  The combination of all of these emotions is difficult to sort through and still function as a mom of three, who works part time.  My patient's mom is the one who recommended I take Lindsay Jane to Pullen Park for her birthday.  It was a great thing for me to do for Lindsay and also for me, it felt as though I was doing it for this mom and for my patient.  My job is so very thankless (worldly) and anyone in healthcare will agree with that.  But, the thanks we seek and don't get aren't the ones that matter.  The ones that matter, the eternal thanksgivings, the lives we do change, the mothers, who in the midst of such a challenging time look you square in the eyes and say, "Thank you, for everything, I love you."



Just...having a Locopop on my birthday!



And, last, but not least...the Carousel, Lindsay Jane's favorite.  Watching her on the Carousel was just the highlight of my day.  What a sweet little face, sweet little spirit, sweet little love.




And, she had to get some playtime with one of her BFFs, Rachel!


Time for birthday cupcakes with the fam!




Watching her try to blow out the candle was just plain awesome!  She couldn't quite get her breath to reach.  :)






Fun times eating cupcakes...







And more faces of Lindsay Jane!


Present time!


Minnie Mouse jewelry!


A baby doll set...complete with a stroller, playpen and high chair.  She was obviously one happy little camper!





While Lindsay was checking out her new toys, big brother was putting a diaper on a baby for her...I told you he was sweet with her.


Little mama's turn.



And...we had to carry the whole set in every room she went, including the bathroom for bath.  Stan looked at me and said, "Good job, honey.  I had no idea she would go so crazy over this!"  Remember, we have been boy parents up to this time.

Next up, pictures from Lindsay Jane's birthday party playgroup.  I decided to do this on our already scheduled Friday morning play dates, all little ones...while the big kids were in school!!!






Mommy and Lindsay blowing bubbles.


And posing for a sweet picture.


Lindsay Jane and Rachel, stopping for a sweet smile.





Little sister of big brothers, you think?


Love this sweet smile!





Me and my girl.


Sarah and Rachel.  Love this sweet picture!


Sweet Ryan and Courtney.


Time for a birthday picnic!


With Lindsay Jane's favorite foods...chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, watermelon, and broccoli!


Time for more birthday cupcakes!


And blowing out of candles.   She actually did better this time!





Although, it still took a little time.  :)


Happy girl.



Mama showing off her skills.  Thanks to Janise for insisting on a picture and for letting me be in some pictures of my little girl's special day!  Mamas know how that often works!


Boy eating cupcake...


Girl versus boy eating cupcake.  How are they SO different?


Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet Lindsay Jane.  I am so so proud to be your mommy.  Life has really become so much sweeter with you around.  Your smile lights up any room you enter.  Your life is a treasure, a true gift from God.

No comments: