Well, happy snow days, friends! Not very often do I get to write about snow here in the good 'ole south. I am not complaining about that because I am not a fan of the cold...but I do love the snow and especially when there is enough for my children to enjoy sledding...one of my very favorite childhood memories. I did grow up a little farther north...you know, Virginia...so we saw a little more growing up than my kids have but no real blizzards has this girl been a part of. And, I am happy about that.
As you can see from the smiles on my boys' faces, they were delighted! That picture was taken before the festivities began and they had been on me since I walked downstairs to go outside! It was a little crazy. I was supposed to work, so I had to call and get the scoop on whether or not my patients were coming in and make several phone calls to make sure they were all set. Stan worked from home and it was me and the three littles. Thankfully, we have awesome neighbors and were able to enjoy the day with them! This especially helped when I had to admit one of my patients to the hospital from home while she manned my kids (and hers!). Nuts! Thank you Sarah! She also graciously made me coffee and didn't mind the grease in my hair since I had not been able to shower and was still in my pajamas underneath my snow clothes. Yes. Good neighbors. The best!
Landon getting ready to go for it!
Connor, also so ready. I love the twinkle in his eye.
Everything is delightful when it snows!
He said, "Man, that was really fast!"
Connor put the swing to the test too. :)
The boys were happy to have each other too. They had a great time sledding, even down our very small sloped driveway.
And, what a delight it was to watch Lindsay Jane enjoy her first snow!
She loved it!
All smiles!
This was the first time I saw her signing "more". I think it is so adorable when she signs, esp. when I see that she is truly enjoying herself, asking for "more" fun..in the snow this time! It's also a heck of a lot better than her "all done" sign when she is strapped into her booster seat for one minute!
Lindsay Jane and Rachel. I love this sweet little age. These two are the babies of our neighborhood crew.
Now, onto the Poley's driveway! Much more sloped and much more fun! The kids had an absolute blast!
Steph and Sarah posing for a picture. I love my neighbors, did I mention that?
Connorbug and Anna stopping finally in our yard after sliding down the Poley's driveway, across the street and onto our lawn. What fun!
Landon also enjoying the Poley hill!
Me and my baby girl. I cannot believe how big she is getting. She is definitely really starting to have an opinion about many things. I know this is good and a sign she is growing as she should, but it is often a challenge...esp. when I just want to cuddle her and she is busily on to the next item of interest. I am so thrilled that God placed her in our family. What a sweet completion. Just can't imagine the Cole family without her.
Big brother Landon taking Lindsay Jane for a sledding ride!
Big brother Connor got a chance too.
My three little loves. I just adore this picture. It is amazing when their faces are so close at the resemblance. Guess they cannot deny each other, or Stan and I!
My pink little snow baby!
Another sign for "more"!!
And, on to day 2...started the day off early painting dinosaurs. Major concentration, huh?
And a smile for mommy.
And a bigger one from little miss priss...
We had just gotten home from a trip to the gym (thank you Hope Valley YMCA for being open with childcare!), chick-fil-a (thank you CFA for having a "mom valet" where I can order my food at the drive through and have it waiting on the table with condiments and utensils and proper seating for three littles) and Harris Teeter drive through (thank you HT for your super duper online grocery shopping so that I could order icing when we left the gym to pick it up after CFA without having to drag my three littles inside!). So, today, because of my aforementioned "friends", we decided to make cookies while Lindsay Jane napped.
All ready to bake!
Now time to decorate!
It has been a delight having Landon home and I am so pleased to be able to say that. He has been a really good listener and has really gotten along well with his siblings and has gone with the flow. What a special unexpected extra family bonding time we have had. I think it couldn't have come at a better time. Landon has needed a little extra loving. :)
Connorbug has been great too. I even kept him home today when I could have sent him to daycare. Thankfully, he didn't make me regret that decision...ha!
Sweet boys.
Caught Connor in the choosing...
I think he was pleased with his choice!
I have to say, I enjoy making cookies with my kids as much as they do.
So, there is a brief recap of our snow days. It has been wonderful. A sweet winter surprise in many ways. I am so very thankful for these babies and the chance to spend quality time with each of them. Hope you all enjoyed the snow too!!! (or at least seeing pictures, for those of you in warmer climates all the time- Aunt Karen!)
No comments:
Post a Comment