Monday, January 20, 2014

New Every Morning


Wouldn't know this little one was just in the middle of a whopping antibiotic and fever reducing dose when posing for this picture...

Boy am I glad she is better.  And I am so thankful for the bible verse Lamentations 3:22. "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning.  Great is your faithfulness."

This verse really got me through the past 5 days.  My Lindsay Jane unfortunately had a breakthrough urinary tract infection while on prophylactic antibiotics for her kidney reflux.  I, being the nurse mama, was fortunately able to collect her urine to take to the doctor to be analyzed.  This saved her from being catheterized.

I am so thankful to have the skills I do in this type of situation.  I really feel blessed to be able to take care of my own baby and to have found a pediatrician who is very supportive of me as a mom and as a nurse practitioner.

I am also very grateful, for the love that my friends and family poured over me as they offered much more than was necessary.  God has blessed me.  I see those new mercies every morning.  God truly is faithful.


This picture show the true spirit of this little gem.  She is holding Landon's Minecraft sword, wearing the Minnie Mouse hat that sweet Tori made for her.  Despite her sick little body, she managed to smile, cut up and love her life (thank you Motrin and Tylenol).

I do think it is true that when I am forced to look to God, often in situations where I find myself out of control...I see his goodness and grace on my life more.  I see his faithfulness, despite my struggles with those pesky human traits of worry, fear and doubt.


Though I had a weekend planned with my honey without the kids while my parents kept them...instead...I got my girl well, had lots of snuggles with my special little girl, had "QT" with my dear friends Janise, Ryan and Sarah, saw Frozen with my boys, had special reading time with all three of my babies, took the kids to the park to play and practice baseball, had donuts for lunch (a rare treat at this household!), got to see Lindsay Jane use a lightsaber for the first time...and had our fabulous babysitter, Kim, keep the kids so Stan and I could go on a date afternoon/night!

I am so very thankful that though our weekend was cancelled, our baby girl was able to be treated and made well by medications that are readily available to us.  Something that is very easy to take for granted.


Though I was up over night many times with a sick baby and with worry over the past few days (and so was my wonderful husband), I have seen the truth of God's faithfulness each morning as his mercies shine through the three little faces he has blessed me with.


Landon needed me to encourage him and really focus on his reading.  I didn't know it but God did and he, in his mercy, allowed for me to be here instead of away.  He had special plans for Landon and I bonding and we did.  I am so thankful.  Connor also needed some mama snuggles.  His little tender heart greatly benefits from extra quality time from dear old mom.  His more precious thing of late is to squeeze my arm 5 times and tell me that it stands for "I love you so much".

Stan and I also really shared a special time of juggling the three kids, supporting each other's desire for exercise, alone time and special time with each of the kids.  I am so thankful for the getaway we didn't have. God had special plans for our time here.

Despite my plans...God had better for me.  Despite my cries for help in preventing Lindsay Jane's infection, he used it for good and she was quickly healed.  Despite my stubbornness in giving in to His will, he gently guided me, helping me to see and focus on the truth that every morning brings new compassions and mercies and I am not consumed...not by fear, not by doubt, not by worry...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: