Saturday, July 20, 2013

Promised Update...in a nutshell. Happy Belated 4th!



The picture above is kinda a good reflection of our 4th of July Celebration.  We never got to see fireworks this year because of all the rain and storms.  But, we did get to see this view....which ain't too bad.  We spent the 4th at the Cabin with my parents.  Well, Connor, Lindsay and I did.  Stan and Landon went "camping" in the rain...


Here is Landon standing at what would have been the Cole Boys Camping Trip hang out...Ummm...look at that river!  I am glad that Daddy and the other Cole boys decided to opt for higher ground and stayed at Alan's condo for the weekend.


You can see that Landon did manage to have fun with the other Cole Boys and I truly believe that Cole Boy antics are innate...


Stan and Landon made a stop to see Pa Cole.  I just love this picture.  Landon just reminds me so much of Pa Cole, especially with this expression!!

The Cole Boys 4th of July Camping trip was a tradition long before I came along.  I am glad they are still keeping it up and look forward to seeing my boys get to know the Cole side of the family better.  There could be no better role models for my sons.  What a blessing.


Meanwhile, Connor got some 3 on one adult time once Lindsay Jane went to sleep at the cabin.  He loved the sparklers!!  Isn't it wonderful that Sparklers bring so much joy.  Though we didn't see the "Big Ones", Connor was totally enthralled with what we had.  A lesson for me I think...


Not to be left out, Lindsay Jane was showing off one of her favorite toys and that awesome smile.  Unfortunately, this was the weekend she began getting sick with her urinary tract infection...a scary time for this mama.


Landon and Stan arrived on Friday and more fun continued.  Mommom made sure to have some indoor activities for two rowdy boys who have not been able to get outside much this summer!!!!


Lindsay Jane, watching the rain.


The weather cleared and we headed for whatever break we could get.  Though it was a little chilly...the boys convinced Stan to jump in the lake.  What a wonderful daddy.


Um....Dad, did you really just do that??


OK, guess I will too!!


Landon fished off the dock, even catching his own little sunfish!


Getting so so big...


And, not to leave that kayak on top of our mini-van...Stan was determined to get it in the water after being rained out at the river.  So, we improvised.  Hilarious.  I am telling you, this may look ridiculous, but the boys had an absolute blast and so did Stan.  Boy was it sweet, watching my boys out there like little ducklings behind their daddy.


Landon then stayed for Pop and Mommom Camp for the second year in a row.  Treasured times, thankful hearts and irreplaceable memories...


Water gun time!


Catching a salamander.


He wanted to keep the salamander as a pet.  He and Pop and Mommom then looked up where salamanders live...he says, "They live in lakes, creeks and streams, so we had to put him back in his home."  He learned a lot with Pop and Mommom, not just about salamanders, but about the unique bond one has with grandparents.  I am so very grateful that my parents can and are willing to give this gift to my son.


In the lake with Pop!


Getting more and more brave.  He did jump off the dock once, but went under water and was a little taken aback by that....he did tell me that he ALMOST did it again and was very proud of that fact.  I was too.


In the lake with Mommom.



Releasing the salamander back into his home.

Well, that's it for now.  I promised our 4th of July update and there it is.  I have a lot more to catch up on but life has been a little crazy lately between Lindsay's urinary tract infection, me missing work (home and UNC) because of it and playing catch up.  

The boys are enjoying their time together this summer but I am starting to understand that lyric in the Christmas song..."And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again..."  

I am working on my creativity, but the rain has made it very challenging to keep these boys active.  I am taking one day at a time and loving these little ones as best I can.  I am also reading a book that is really changing my life.  More on that later...and how being grateful and practicing that skill can truly change your life.  

Wish I could write more, but the kids have been up for a while and Stan has been letting me have a break before I start my day with my babies and he goes to help his sister move.  Happy Saturday!!

No comments: