Three little munchkins, all looking at me, all having the time of their lives. Hard to believe this was taken only a few short days ago...now we are back to the grind. But, referencing back to the ceasing to strive post...how can I carry that on still while being here in Durham? Home, where there is less time to cease...
Stan's interested in taking pictures has greatly increased since we got a new camera for Christmas. He has quite an eye! He is always looking at the many beautiful facets of nature, capturing them so keenly. I love this one he shot of Connor on the one sort of rainy day we had.
The rest of the day we were in and outside, and promised the boys that for our "rest from the sun day", they could play their beloved xbox!
This is how we found the kids one morning. Precious. These boys just love their little sis.
I love the lighting in this one. They were literally out there for hours!
Pure joy.
Thursday, we had a wonderful treat...Liv and Kel came to play!
These three take no time at all to pick up right where they left off...embarrassingly since December! Kelly and I have tried to get together, but life has been crazy! What a blessing these friendships are just like Kelly and I's. Awesome that they are starting to reference each other as "cousins". Love it.
Of course, Olivia was taken with baby Lindsay.
But...these two are the ones to look out for!!
Caught! No prompting. Landon and Olivia are two little peas in a pod and just had the time of their life frolicking in the surf.
And...we looked and saw this too...we better keep our eyes on these two!
What a blessing to be able to spend some quality time with Kelly. We had a great beach walk with the kids and caught up on all of life's events over the past 6 months. A true soul sister, Kelly is a rock in my life, always encouraging me in my walk with the Lord and being just "the salt of the earth" as my dad would say.
Next...another visitor...Z-man!!!!!!!! We were so blessed to have Tahti, Marc and Zaiya join us at the beach this year!
My waterbug sister and Zaiya in the ocean together!
And...Pop and Mommom came too! A true treasure watching them with our kids on the beach. As much as I love their mountain, the ocean is my place of peace. I absolutely relished in watching them enjoy their grandkids on the beach, just like they used to do with me...
Good times.
Pop, being a "monster", the kids loving every minute of it!
My dad...getting ready to retire...this is a preview of retired life for him...I am so so glad!!
And...he asked, "What can I give you in my retirement?" "Time" was my answer. He said, "You mean I can show up on your doorstep and say I am there to cook dinner?" Anyone who has experienced my dad's cooking, knows the answer to that one!!
While we do love his cooking, we are even more looking forward to seeing him enjoy his retirement. We are looking forward to "Pop Camp" which we already established last year. We are looking forward to lots of grandparent time. We are so thankful to have him healthy and ready to take this time for himself. He has worked hard his whole life and deserves this time to enjoy it. Love.
Baby girl's first trip to the beach. She loved it. She did try a little sand...didn't like it...but tried it again and again. :)
Thanks so my parents being there, we got to take a nice walk to the pier with the boys while they watched Lindsay Jane.
And...got out annual ice creams!
I think they liked it!
Love these little boys and all of the precious moments I got to spend with them this past week.
Love this guy. We had a really great time talking about what is to come for him. I am so blessed to have my daddy who has such a great love for my kids and for me.
Great times with this gal too. I love this picture of Karen. She is in her element when taking pictures and didn't fail to impress with shots she got on the beach this year.
Beach hair, no make up and lots of love. :)
A final surprise this year was that my aunt and uncle from Tucson came too!! What an extra special treat!
So, we had to celebrate "Frey style" with a crab feast...
Brothers. :)
Uncle Marc loving holding a live crab..
Landon, having been previously indoctrinated, knew this was about to be a delicious treat!
Connor Douglas, learning the ropes.
Two of my very favorite people... What a blessing it has been to see them three times since Lindsay Jane was born! I am loving getting to see them more and so are my parents. I love watching the special bond the 4 of them share.
Pop and Lindsay Jane talking. Dad was so pleased he got to bond with Lindsay Jane this past week. She has no trouble sharing the love...when mommy is not around. But, can't say that I really mind that she is a mommy's girl. :)
We got some family beach shots...more to be revealed when Karen puts her photographing skills to work. :)
Me and my honey.
Love this one of Karen and Marc.
Love this one of Karen. What a great story...
We will be back again. I love this place. It is my peace, my place of refuge from the craziness of this world. Thank you God for the absolute beauty of your creation and for sharing it with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment