Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cease Striving: Cole Family Beach Trip Part I


So, I recently read another version of the Bible verse Psalm 46:10.  "Cease striving and know that I am God." (NSV) or "Stop your fighting---and know that I am God" (Holman Christian Standard Bible).  Similar to the known version, the NIV, "Be still and know that I am God", it struck me in a whole different way.  Cease striving is so very poignant in my life right now.  There are so many things that I am trying to do "just right".  My mothering, my being a wife, my being a "Good Christian", my work, my homemaking, my gardening, my cooking, my writing, my studying, my relationships...the list goes on...to...vacationing...

How can I really cease striving?  Even when on "vacation"  I have laundry to do, dishes to wash, dinner to cook, naps to organize, quiet times to squeeze in, intentional time with each child and my husband...what?

The above picture of Connor really hit me.  He is ceasing to strive.  He is stopping to fight.  He is just being.  In his daddy's arms.  

The picture below was taking while Connor was resting in Stan's arms amidst to waves of the ocean.  He fell asleep.

How I yearn to be like Connor in my heavenly father's arms.  Resting amidst life's waves.  Resting so effortlessly in God's arms.  Sometimes it takes the first part of a vacation to realize how badly I need to cease striving.  Then, for the rest of the vacation...the ceasing will start.  


Enjoy the next series of pictures and imagine what I would have written.  Miss Lindsay Jane is up from her nap and it is time to hit the beach with this beautiful crew.  I am so unbelievably blessed, I am literally brought to tears.  Thank you Lord for these three precious gifts, my amazing husband and your unfailing love and voice that so sweetly and lovingly speaks into my life.







































No comments: