Thursday, October 11, 2012

One Month


Wow!  It is so hard to believe that Lindsay Jane is already one month old!  I have decided that I will attempt to take monthly pictures this time around to show how much our girl is growing!  We went for her 1 month check up yesterday to find out that she is already 10 pounds!!  Looking at the above picture, I am sure you are not surprised!  Her weight is the 71%tile, height, 50th and head circumference the 70th.  She is growing too fast already, growing out of her newborn diapers.

The boys are adapting to having a new sibling.  I would say that Connor has had an easier time than Landon.  Landon is loving Kindergarten and soccer, but is kinda having a 5 year old response similar to his 3 year old response when Connor was born.  In other words, instead of tantruming and saying things like, "She needs to go back in your tummy" or "If you put her in the swing and leave her there, I won't have a baby sister anymore" (both of these things were said about Connor), he is mouthing off to Stan and I, saying things like, "I guess you don't want me anymore..." Booooo.  We are really trying to reassure him and provide the best positive environment we can, without allowing him to get away with saying things that are disrespectful.  It has been hard.

Connor has decided it is time to potty train...what?  Really, what timing!!  Today marked day number 5 of him going number 2 in the potty, so now he will receive his Diego Rescue pack... :)  He is doing great and I am always amazed at how much better kids do once you just give up and let them do the guiding...novel...I know. :)  Connor loves to hold Lindsay...sometimes too much.  But, I am really enjoying watching him love her up.  Connor is almost three, so he is having his defiant moments as well, presenting another challenge for us.  But, Stan and I are working together as a team and learning how to play zone... :)

Well, Lindsay Jane has finally decided to drift off, so I will go sleep as well.  Hope you enjoyed the update and the picture of our little love. :)

No comments: