
I am so late getting this post out...but such is the life of mommy. Amidst all of my other "goings-ons," I have also been completing orientation at my new job (YAY) and finally finished the last day today. I had to space it out to accommodate for childcare while working my 2 days in the clinic at UNC Peds GI. I am thrilled to be there and also thrilled to be done with orientation so I can start getting used to my new schedule! :)
The above picture is from October 22nd...so I am really late, almost a month! We went to Ganyard Family Farm again this year with my parents and Karen and Zaiya. A special treat, the Smiths also joined us!!

Our sweet boys standing at the entrance. I figure these will be sweet to review over the years as they grow.

This was truly one of my highlights. The boys loved this bunny, "Cotton". Parents were able to hold Cotton and Landon and Connor were all over petting the bunny, saying they wanted one. Connor really wanted to hold it himself, but worked out his longing by giving this little friend many sweet pats. I just love watching their faces with little animals, it is so sweet...though not sweet enough for me to own one of such rodents!!

Connor had to milk the cow again..."Pop, really, is that how it works?" My dad showed Connor once and he was all over it, just like last year. Farming might just be in this one's future.

Landon had a blast playing in the hay. The tunnel slide this year was a big hit and he and Sophia were fearless climbing up the hay bails and sliding down the slide. He definitely had a blast.

And, I LOVE this picture...the corn pit. Landon played and played and played. I even got in this year. I am amazed at how much corn I dumped from my pants!!

Fun action shot!

Landon and Sophia navigated the corn maze together and stopped for this sweet picture.

Connor found his own little pumpkin and eagerly pointed it out to me. Notice the pretzel in his hand, which was the only thing that could get him out in the pumpkin patch. Also, notice the red crocks...did I mention he is 2?

Stan thought he would try housing this little pumpkin... :)

We then headed home and let the boys play and celebrated Connor's birthday (previous post). Connor and Zaiya were very busy in the kitchen.

I just love this picture of my dad, Landon and Zaiya. What pure joy. It is a treat to see captured moments like this. It is a treat that my dad spends this kind of time with my boys.

On to Halloween...did I mention Connor was 2? He really wanted to take his pants off but, alas, they were attached. So, he figured out how to make it work for him...

Derek brought Sophia and Emelia over for our annual Halloween dress up playgroup. I had to get a shot of his wonderful coordination for Janise who was away at a retreat.

Landon and Sophia coloring their craft. I had about 10 kids all inside hyped up for Halloween...I was prepared. We did this craft were we colored little strips of paper that fit into a clear plastic mug as an insert so their little pictures were the decor on the mugs. Then we had hot chocolate which was a total hit!

So was the easel...

I loved little Atticus's outfit!

Here is a group shot of our playgroup...minus sweet Thomas, Caroline and Isabelle. Picture all the moms behind the camera singing "wheels on the bus"- that should have been a picture too!

Me and my little superheros.

So, Sophia and Emelia stayed for the rest of the day with us and I went into full on craft and cooking mode. We made the adorable little pumpkin rice krispie treats (thanks for the idea Lucia). They did an excellent job!

We also made this spiderweb pizza...

Another shot of the little pumpkins.

I love this one of Connor cracking up with my mask on. Adorable.

And our little buddy, Zaiya, came over on Halloween night to dress up and hand out candy. Landon was a little less than excited about getting a photo when all he wanted to do was eat all that candy he got!!

Can't mention Halloween without at least a mention of "Annaween". Anna's birthday is Halloween and this year we all dressed up and went out to eat. Anna was Wilson, their dog and Brandon dressed up as his dad who is a football coach at Eastern Alamance. They were too cute!!

And Stan and I were superheros...

I do have to say the costume of the night went to Brandon's parents...
Happy Belated Halloween and Fall Festivities. Too crazy that Christmas is already 5 weeks away!
No comments:
Post a Comment