Landon had his 3 year old well visit on Friday and weighed in at 26 pounds, measuring 35 inches- 10th percentile for both- which I might add is a big improvement from the 4th! He was hilarious during the vision screening and ended up getting a 20/40 which was mostly due to his ADHD like behavior in the office...
I cannot believe that I have two opposite ends of the spectrum! It is quite funny. It seems that Connor is much more interested in eating and moving than Landon was. We also got the green light to go ahead and start Connor on solids. Boy, he will be thrilled. Currently, he sits at the table with us while we eat with his hands in his mouth and drool pouring out. He even looked at Stan's food tonight and put out his bottom lip- like he was sad he couldn't get any!
The biggest challenge of late has been sleep. As my friend Erin put it, "Sleep, where are you? Landon has been screaming out at bedtime, at around 1 and around 5. We have tried everything this PNP knows to do from sticker charts to ignoring. It was great to get some new advice from Landon's pediatrician and so far so good. I really think that it is helpful just to tell Stan..."The pediatrician said..." Sounds a lot better than little old me. :) We are on lock down starting at bedtime and do not go in for any screaming (the whiny type of late) and are setting an alarm for 7:00 am to play music, signaling that Landon can get up.
Sooooooo, Connor's sleep has been all over the place- literally. He has spent many a night in the bonus room, the swing downstairs and his own room. Landon has woken him which has made me just a little angry... We are hoping that Landon will begin sleeping through the night again, then we can be more consistent and help Connor. Right now, it is called survival mode. Connor likes the swing and he likes to be fed and if we do both, he sleeps. :)
I love these two boys. Landon is putting more and more together daily and is such a loving child. His reward for sleeping through the night is a sticker. Once he gets 6, he gets an outing with Stan or I by himself. Yesterday I took him to the park and he kept saying, "Just mommy and Landon. Nobody else." I can only imagine how much his little world has been rocked with the birth of Connor. But, it is all worth it when Landon says, "I love my little brother" and promptly kisses him on the head. Connor just beams looking at Landon - he adores his big brother all ready. It is such a blessing to witness.
Well, I am off to go chill. Kristen time is hard to come by these days, but I wouldn't it for anything.
2 comments:
What a great little update, Kristen! I actually wondered if my trip to the grocery store tonight was supposed to count as "me" time. I can relate! Hope your sleep woes work themselves out. It's amazing what some sleep will do for your outlook...
We aren't sleeping to well at our house either! Jack is actually worse than Paul...ugh! We transitioned to a big boy bed and basically just lock him in his room and ignore him for the next 8 hours. It's really hard when the head of his bed is just on the other side of the wall from ours!! SLEEP WHERE ARE YOU!!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment