So, we have been up to a lot lately, which is probably why I am tired. It isn't evident by this adorable picture, but Landon has been really asserting his independence lately (the nice way of saying that he is starting the "terrible twos"). It seems that everything is a bit more difficult than it was 6 months ago.
- Getting out of the house is just plain crazy... I have started bribing him with Nemo Fruit Snacks in the car if he will just come on!
- Naptime and Bedtime used to be such precious times for me and Landon...then we took away the pacifier, I felt guilty, started giving into him crying and going into his room at night, now we have another pattern where he screams after the hour long soothe down routine when I am just exhausted. He will request water, want to be covered or who knows what. We are working on the weaning process now. Exhausting.
- Temper tantrums. Exhausting.
- Learning how to effectively discipline. Exhausting.
- Getting any amount of alone time with your spouse. Oh how crazy we were to think we "had no time" before we had Landon.
- I just tried weaning Landon off his steroids for asthma (takes inhaled steroids twice daily)- bummer, he is not ready. He was up coughing for 1.5 hours last night after being in the decreased dose for 10 days. Dang that asthma. At least I know how to care for him- thank you Jesus!
- I just started a new job! This is excellent news, but the process of looking, finding and ending what was a very difficult job situation for me has left me tired. The good news is that the job is great and I feel much better over all.
- I am pregnant. No need to say more. But, I do have some news to report, I felt the baby move yesterday, FOR SURE. I am almost 16 weeks along and that was very reassuring. I won't go into a nurse's worries for her unborn baby b/c that in and of itself is exhausting. I have my next appointment next Wednesday, then the ultrasound will be scheduled. I anxiously await to see a healthy baby- boy or girl, I don't have a preference.
- Little projects never seem to get finished. Does this make any of the rest of you exhausted? It is like a never ending Rolodex in my brain...I want to check some things off!
- My best friend from college is going through a rough time right now. Anytime someone so close is hurting, you hurt too. Without going into detail, please pray for Allison.
- Life, it happens. Thank goodness we have the peace that passes all understanding- if I will just let God's peace fill me and give me the strength and energy to balance it all, counting my every blessing- there truly are so many.
2 comments:
I've been wondering the same thing lately! And have had many of the same issues - too many projects, a child that I swear isn't mine sometimes (although I know the temper comes from me...ugh). Hopefully, we'll make it through this alive :).
We did find out what we are having - another boy! Brian was VERY excited. I think he sees many fishing trips in his future. I didn't care what it was, I just wanted to know and I wanted it to be healthy. Are you going to find out?
Hang in there.
I've been there before and you are totally right, it's exhausting mentally, physically, and spiritually. The struggles of parenthood can be exhausting in itself, but you have all the other things to add to your stress. Luckily some of the stress is good, like being pregnant. I will be praying for you, my friend, and hoping that God blesses you with that peace you are longing for.
Post a Comment